When to send Teacher Recs?

<p>So, the way I understand it, auto-admits are not required to send in teacher recommendations for admission purposes. BUT recs are necessary for scholarships/consideration for honors programs. (I could be wrong on this...) My problem is that I don't currently have any recs completed & I won't be able to get ahold of my teachers until around the start of school (late Aug). However, I would like to be able to apply ASAP when apply texas opens, and I don't want to be stuck waiting for recs because I want to get admitted so I can apply for housing early. So my question: Can I send in my application in early August, be admitted in September (as an auto-admit) and then send in my teacher recommendations in late Sept/early Oct to be used in scholarship consideration/honors programs AFTER I've already been admitted? Or will they not admit me until all the paperwork (i.e. recs) are in? I'm a little confused about this whole process. Thanks!</p>

<p>Recomendation Letters are not required so yes you can apply with your essays and be admitted but they do require transcripts which you probably won’t have either until school opens. I would still go ahead and submit the application and get the other stuff in as you can.</p>

<p>Ok thank you. So basically the recs will just sync up with the application when they arrive but won’t hold up the acceptance? That’s what I was hoping. I shouldn’t have a problem getting my transcript sent, but I was just worried about allowing teachers & all enough time to write nice letters. Thanks again for clarifying!</p>

<p>Etxcat has it right. Wait to submit your the scholarship portion of your Apply Texas Application if you’re a Texas student. You can submit for enrollment/acceptance, and then complete the scholarship portion later.</p>

<p>Thanks! Again my main concern was being admitted asap to hopefully get first-choice housing. Do you know if the university/business honors programs need the recs before the app will be reviewed?
For example, if I send in my app & check that I’d like to be considered for honors, will my admission be delayed until I can provide all the supplemental info for honors or will I just not be accepted into the honors programs until I get the extra info in? From what I understand your acceptance into honors is an entirely separate process from just general admittance, but I just want to make sure everything will get where it needs to go.</p>

<p>Oooh, I don’t know about business honors and what’s required. But everything will get where it needs to go. Soon after you submit your application, they will send you an email giving you access to a “Howdy” account where you can track things. Keep checking it. If you don’t see things there that should be there, CALL THEM. They were very responsive with my D when she applied.</p>

<p>Thanks! I never realized how many moving parts there are to these applications, and I want to make sure I don’t overlook anything. It just kind of hit me recently that I wouldn’t have time to get recs if I wanted to have my application complete in August, so I’m just trying to find the best course of action from here.</p>

<p>You probably do need the recs for Honors, but they usually don’t make a decision on that until later. You will have plenty of time to upload them.</p>

<p>Hi all! Can somebody help the poor soul here? I want to apply for A&M as an international freshman…but I don’t know how many transcripts I am supposed to send. I seriously don’t want to send all my transcripts because some of them are not within 25%…so…am I able to send transcripts in a selective manner??? thankssss</p>

<p>You only have one transcript from the end of your Junior Year of high school.</p>

<p>hey thanks for replying… are u trying to say all we need to send is only one school transcript??? btw what is junior high scool? coz maybe countries differ in education system, i guess u are saying the first and second year of my high skul?</p>

<p>High Schools in America span 4 years just like 4 year colleges/universities.
1st year - Freshman
2nd year - Sophomore
3rd year - Junior
4th year - Senior</p>

<p>Typically applications are due the first semester of Senior year. Therefore, the transcript (grade report) submitted with the application is the transcript showing grades Freshman-Junior year.</p>