When to us AP CREDITS?

<p>Hey everybody. How do you decide whether or not you want to use your AP credits? If I use my credits, I will graduate earlier or have a lighter courseload. On the other hand, if I don't use my AP credits, I will basically be taking a course I already have a great background in and then I will have "padding" grades to keep my gpa up. How do you decide whether or not to use them, or which of the AP credits to use? I am so confused! Thanks so much for any advice!</p>

<p>I'm thinking I'll be using all the ones I can. I guess ill jsut be submiting all mine and seeing what kind of credit I can get, Id assume if all else fails you can go back and actually take the class...</p>

<p>I don't know, some people talk about how college classes are better and more informative than AP classes, but personally I did pretty well in my AP bio class for instance and even though Bio is my major, I'm comfortable enough that I think I'll apply those credits and skip the first Bio courses. </p>

<p>While padding my gpa would be wonderful, it probably wouldn't happen for me
From H.S. I've learned I get bored easily and only really try hard when I'm learned i guess (I've always gotten lower grades in "easy nap-time" courses compared to ap courses no matter the subject area) so I think would lose all interest retaking a class and prolly get a "decent" grade that wouldnt really help my gpa.
and
Lighter course load definately sounds good to me, esp this first semester, I registered for less classes and I think this way I'll be able to take more classes in other areas without worrying as much about counting credits.</p>

<p>I would think dont use any credit on any course youre actually going to use youre not comfortable with. Otherwise I guess if you want to retake a course just to get some A's and feel ok about doing that (it would kill me of boredom) it sounds like a great plan seeing how important college gpa is..</p>

<p>Just my thoughts if anyone wants to correct me or "nudge" me in a diff direction by all means, I think its the only way you learn.</p>