Where should I apply for housing? (Freshman)

<p>I would prefer a modular dorm, not sure about availability at this point but it'd be nice to have one. If not, northside would be nice, and if not that, I'd prefer commons. </p>

<p>What are the typical associations/characteristics of each dorm? Wells, Aston, etc.</p>

<p>Now that son is officially accepted looking for answer to this question as well. My old dorm is no longer in existence so no “legacy” push. Will be attending Mays and not in Honors College. Still guessing Northside is his best bet. Are the old corps style dorms on that side of campus in decent shape? When I describe them based on my 80s experience I don’t get positive feedback!</p>

<p>Not sure which dorms you’re talking about. They have demolished/are demolishing several of the Northside dorms to put the new Northside dorms in.</p>

<p>Check it out - starting on 24 of 98 (page 22 as they’re numbered at the bottom):</p>

<p><a href=“http://reslife.tamu.edu/download/construction/masterplan/corps.pdf[/url]”>http://reslife.tamu.edu/download/construction/masterplan/corps.pdf&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;

<p>This is the plan for housing of the cadets.</p>

<p>My D is in Wells and likes it, fairly quiet. She has friends that live in the Commons and they like living there it is a little more social. </p>

<p>The biggest draw back on the southside dorms is being far from Sibisa for meals. D gets food at the MSC or the convenince store in the commons.</p>

<p>Honestly, it doesn’t really matter where you live. All of the dorms are about the same. The modular dorms are a little nicer, but not much. Avoid FHK like the plague. Northside isn’t as good as southside. The commons is a good place to live with food/the convenience store nearby, but you’ll have to cope with being surrounded by freshman engineering nerds. It doesn’t sound that bad, but engineering majors aren’t too fun to talk too and they aren’t much to look at either. If you think you’ll be hitting up Northgate a lot, you’ll probably want to live northside.</p>

<p>Wow, Jordan! A lot of the kids on here are engineering majors! LOL.</p>

<p>well now Jordan. thanks but okay haha. I guess I have to say you haven’t seen some of the guys I’ve met but that’s getting off topic.</p>

<p>Anyway, I live in Hughes which is part of FHK. I have a room to myself and share a bathroom with one other girl. Very quiet and I love where I live. I lived in Mosher for a semester and that was okay. My roommate was a nice girl, we just had different lifestyles that clashed. But other than that I’ve never regretted moving the Hughes. It’s closer to my classes and Sbisa (which Sbisa has more food options that the commons).</p>

<p>If you’re willing to pay a pretty penny I heard that new dorm on Northside is opening next Fall. Looks like a great place if you can afford it</p>

<p>Whoa whoa. I was planning on applying to the Keathley dorms but now I’m having second thoughts… What’s wrong with FHK? Nasagirl likes them</p>

<p>FHK is a little older then the Southside dorms, the rooms are a little smaller but I don’t think its horrible… </p>

<p>And Jordan there are tons of other kids in the commons besides engineering majors lol. The food choices there are limited.</p>

<p>I’d definitely recommend the modular style, for the same price you get a significant upgrade from the commons dorms. I live in wells this year and it is great, it is incredibly quiet (a bit anti-social) and is one of the newer/recently renovated modular dorms. Location is pretty decent, I seem to have more friends on southside than northside but its not a huge deal. The commons are okay, but they tend to be very noisy (the rooms aren’t very well sound insulated), they’re older, about 1/3 smaller than modular and you have to share the bathroom between 4 vs 2 people. Make sure you apply soon though, once the app closes its full.</p>

<p>Is there any good priority date before which we are sure to get a place in housing accommodation at Texas A&M?</p>

<p>Last year if you applied by mid february you pretty much had a spot SOMWHERE but not necessarily your first or any of your choices. Apply ASAP, as in right now, to give yourself a good chance of your first choice. I applied last year around november and got my first choice in a popular dorm.</p>

<p>How much does living with meal plan of one year cost on-campus. On website it says aroud $16000! Is it correct?</p>

<p>Nah i think its more around 8000-10000 if you are talking about for two semesters
What i applied for was a room with reveille rates which is 3500/semester and the 12 meals a week meal plan which is about 1500/ semester</p>

<p>Can anybody tell whats the difference between Application for Apartment and Application for On-Campus Housing? Which application should we send first?</p>

<p>Can somebody tell whats the difference between Application for Housing and Application for Apartment? There are two applications on website. I dont know which one to fill first?</p>