Which colleges should I apply to?

Hello! I’m currently a high school junior and am looking for colleges to apply to. My stats are as follows:

GPA: 3.5 (weighted)
AP/honors classes: AP Euro and English honors in sophomore year, APUSH and English honors in junior year, planning to take AP English and AP Government in senior year
ECs:
-Literary magazine (member for all four years, assistant editor for junior year, editor for senior year)
-Reverse Shakespeare (a group that performs Shakespeare shows with an all-female cast, member for all four years)
-Mixed chorus (member for three out of four years)
-Spanish Honor Society (vice president)
-NYU creative writing summer program

I plan on majoring in English. The schools I am currently considering are Manhattanville, Manhattan, Emerson, Pace, and SUNY New Paltz. I’m looking for a small to mid-size school, preferably in the Northeast.

Thanks so much!

Reach for Skidmore, Bard?

For creative writing, Denison would be a reachable reach, Knox and Eckerd matches. All three very good for writing and likely cheaper than Manhattan, Pace, or Emerson.
Second Skidmore.

Thanks! Anyone else have ideas?

Bump!

Haverford & Amherst

Hamilton, Oberlin, Wesleyan

@annexelizabeth There are a lot of small to midsize schools in the northeast. Can you provide any more information regarding what you want in a school? Have you visited some and what did you think? Have you run the NPC and can you afford all of the schools mentioned so far in this thread?

Also, the GPA weighting scheme seems to vary a lot between different high schools, so I have trouble knowing what a weighted 3.5 means (I might guess that this is less than an unweighted 3.5, so I could guess that this might mean that your B’s outnumber your As, or there are some C’s). More information might be helpful.

@DadTwoGirls I want a more liberal school — while it doesn’t have to be extremely liberal, I’d prefer if it wasn’t overly conservative. I’ve visited Pace and really liked it, visited Emerson and loved it, visited Providence and didn’t like it at all, and visited Fordham and liked it. I’m planning to visit a few more schools this summer and during the fall of my senior year. I can afford all the schools mentioned so far and this thread.

I have a pretty even number of Bs and As, and there’s one high C.

I didn’t see sat or act score?

Hunter College CUNY

Considering your academic interests, you might like some of these colleges (many, but not all, would be quite selective):

http://flavorwire.com/409437/the-25-most-literary-colleges-in-america

City college of New York has some excellent programs and is another cuny school.

If anyone is still interested in suggesting colleges, I now have my SAT score. I got a 1290 overall, with a 710 in reading and writing, a 580 in math, and a 6 on the essay. I am planning on taking it again in October as well as taking the ACT in September.