Which is better: East Ambler-Johnston Hall or Hillcrest?

<p>I got into honors, and I was offered honors housing. Which of the two honors dorms is the better one?</p>

<p>East AJ was just renovated and it’s in a fairly central location, so I’d go with that one. Hillcrest is a little more out of the way, and as its name implies, it’s located on the top of a hill. That might get old after a while.</p>

<p>As an honors student, can you request or do they place you? I would assume that demand for East AJ is going to be high. Will current honors students have priority in choosing between the two over an incoming freshman?</p>

<p>Congrats on honors housing. I’m moving from Hillcrest to EAJ because it’s SUPER nice and I want to help build the community. A student took a photo tour, so if you PM me I can send you a few pictures.</p>

<p>I believe you can request; they asked current students if they would like to move this year. I believe the remainder of spots will be open and first-come, first-serve. I’d take EAJ.</p>

<p>Were you here for freshman weekend? If so, hope you enjoyed your stay :-)</p>

<p>East AJ, Hillcrest is up a hill and far away…</p>

<p>1) Yea, they let you pick, there was an option on the honors housing registration letting you choose.</p>

<p>I went up and visited, and I decided on Hillcrest. Personally, I liked how it was kind of off the beaten path a little bit, not really in the the central hustle and bustle, but its distance from classrooms, dining halls is still manageable. </p>

<p>I did think that East Ambler Johnston looked good too, being new, but because the West Ambler is being renovated for fall 2012, I think there’s going to be a lot of construction, and I would prefer not to have that right next to me.</p>

<p>has anyone that was accepted to honors housing and accepted their spot in the program by filling out that survey in the link heard anything back from them yet? when do we find out if we were placed in the dorm we requested? and also does honors housing mean we are randomly assigned a roommate?</p>

<p>East AJ. Close to dining and once the weather gets cold it’ll be worth it 100%.</p>

<p>@pba2011 the honors info said people would be notified in June, but as it is first come, first serve, and you’ve already claimed your spot, then you are probably in.</p>