Which School Newspaper Position Would Look Better on App's?

<p>I'm currently a junior who is an editor for my school newspaper. Next year, I would either like to be Opinion Editor or Editor-in-Chief. My goal is to get accepted by UPenn and eventually have an editorial position on the Daily Pennsylvanian. I am unsure if being an Opinion Editor or Editor-In-Chief would seem more impressive. While obviously the title Editor-in-Chief carries more prestige, I know that my work as Editor-In-Chief wouldn't have as much of a visual impact. Editors-in-Chief at our paper write one article and an unsigned piece, whereas the Opinion editor writes an article, a column (I could pretty much do this in any direction I choose--a satirical piece, political commentary, societal analysis, etc) , critiques new school policies and designs a visual spread of students' opinions on a political or social issue. If I would have the opportunity to show Penn a portfolio of my work during an interview or with my application, I know that an Opinion Editor portfolio would probably be more interesting. However, my concern is that they would just look at the title and not be as impressed as they would be were I an editor-in-chief. Which of these positions would show more initiative and passion for journalism?</p>

<p>If you’re editor-in-chief, you can change the rules so that you DO get to write more. You’d get the portfolio and the title.</p>

<p>Editor-in-Chief, definitely. You oversee the entire paper. It’s the head honcho in charge’s job. You can always write more if you want to.</p>