Will I have a chance at VT despite the lack of recommendations and personal statement?

I applied to VT early action but I don’t think the VT application was enough for me to tell them my background and story. VT doesn’t ask for any recommendations nor personal statement. Both of which adds a lot to my application, especially the personal statement. The only thing they use to learn about an applicant is the four QT Prism questions (which were kinda annoying TBH). I’m in-state, have a 4.18 GPA (freshman through junior), most of my grades were A’s, involved in a variety of EC’s, and have a job at a restaurant. Those were all listed in the activities section in coalition. What is not mentioned, however, is my personal statement which talks about my immigration to the United States after freshman year and how I grew as a person. Do you think I have a chance at VT? I’m interested in Engineering but wasn’t sure what field so I put my major as “Exploring Technology”. I would love to hear some insights and even admission stories of your own. Thanks!

I don’t think you will have trouble as exploratory.l getting in. But not listing an engineering major will mean it will be very difficult to go into engineering department later.