Will my application be thrown out because of this?

<p>On the UC website, it states that students must satisfy a-g requirements to be considered for admission. One of these requirements is 1 year of U.S. History in high school. I am a U.S. citizen, but have never lived nor gone to school there - am I still held to these requirements?</p>

<p>I’m asking because I haven’t taken a U.S. history class in high school, and I’m currently a senior (no way for me to take one now).</p>

<p>Are my chances of going to a UC university destroyed? Please help.</p>

<p>If US history were available, it is expected that you would have taken it. If it was not an option, it is not expected that you would be able to take it. In its place, it would be expected that you would have one year of the history of the country in which your school is located, plus one year of world history, cultures and geography.</p>

<p>@skieurope‌ it was available, will they reject the application because of that?</p>

<p>Most likely since you failed to meet the requirements.</p>

<p>I don’t know if it’ll be thrown out. The UC system has an American History general education requirement (as in, you have to take a course to graduate from the university). At least at UCD, one way to fill it is to take a high school US history course (or a semester of us history and a semester of government), but it’s not the only way. (<a href=“http://catalog.ucdavis.edu/ugraded/univreqt.html”>http://catalog.ucdavis.edu/ugraded/univreqt.html&lt;/a&gt;) At other UCs, you have to take a college level US history course no matter what you did in high school.</p>

<p>Since they’re going to make you take a class in US history in college anyway, they might forgive this requirement, especially considering your background. It can’t hurt to call an admissions office, explain the situation, and swear on your life you’ll take a community college US history course the summer before college.</p>

<p>@autumnal thanks, they just responded to my email, saying that its not a problem!</p>

<p>Glad it worked out!</p>

<p>They are somewhat flexible for non US and even non CA applicants.</p>