Will my chances of getting into Barnard be hindered if I'm not a good writer?

<p>I’m an international student who absolutely ADORES Barnard. I’m very determined to apply to Barnard early because it’s such a great liberal arts college! (a school community based in NYC with bold, confident girls who are passionate with what they’re doing, what they’re seeking for in life - what more could you ask for?) </p>

<p>Okay, back to my concern. </p>

<p>As Barnard is my dream school, I’m worried about my chances of getting admitted. I understand that Barnard produces many good writers and authors, and that the school stresses writing in applications a lot.</p>

<p>I’m not a good writer and I do not have a great passion for writing (I’m more into visual arts and the sciences). Will this by any chance hinder my application? What can I possibly do to improve my application? </p>

<p>Will really appreciate it if someone could give me some advice. Thanks guys! :)</p>

<p>Hi! I was recently admitted to Barnard. I hope this helps. </p>

<p>Personally, I do not think I am a strong writer. It takes me a lot of time to convey my thoughts into words. However, I chose to write about topics or people that I am passionate about. The writing may not be amazing, but if you are truly passionate about the topic, they will be able to tell. </p>

<p>Also, let your peers or teachers give you advice. I had my neighbor help me edit my essay and it helped. </p>

<p>Also, Barnard admissions are holistic. If your writing doesn’t shine, try to find a way to shine in others parts of the application (attach a resume, send them your art). </p>

<p>I hope I somewhat helped!
Best of luck!!!</p>

<p>thank you so much blabla5! and congrats on getting admitted :slight_smile: <em>sprinkles confetti</em> </p>

<p>Yes! It takes me a lot of time to convey my thought into words as well! I totally get how you feel about that. </p>

<p>one question: do you mind if you post some stats? </p>

<p>again, thank you for your advice!</p>

<p>Sure, here are a couple:
2080 sat (700cr, 680 m, 700 w)
4.38 w gpa/3.95 uw
Lots of clubs, president of 2 </p>

<p>Again, stats aren’t everything. Good luck!</p>