William & Mary Class of 2027 Official Thread

I don’t think so. My son’s acceptance said it was an early notification for select students. Not sure what the criteria was…

2 Likes

Did any of those admitted early receive a likely letter?

Great!
By email?

Maybe??? He’s been getting a lot of college mail. I vaguely remember a postcard, but unless it’s an actual acceptance or official financial aid info, it goes in recycling. We didn’t know until recently to be on the lookout for the postcard.

1 Like

She was accepted as a Monroe scholar and the email inferred that was the reason for her early acceptance. She did not get an earlier postcard.
Good luck everyone!

2 Likes

Yes. He also received the postcard with the handwritten note.

S23 received RD acceptance and Monroe Scholar designation. Thrilled!!

2 Likes

Yes, she did.

Yes, she received an email with a link to the adm. letter.

2 Likes

Congrats to all accepted early today! Hopefully I’ll be accepted as well in the coming weeks.

5 Likes

My son received an acceptance today along with a Monroe Scholars invite. He had received the postcard last month but this was still unexpected since it’s so early. He was very happy!

5 Likes

Does anyone know the acceptance rate for deferrals from ed? Or if people usually get waitlisted?

I don’t have statistics for you, but W&M practices a holistic review process. An applicant can be deferred from ED for a variety of reasons, even if it’s just to see midyear grades or to see where a student falls within the rest of the applicants from their high school in RD. If you haven’t already, it never hurts to email your regional admission officer to reaffirm your commitment to W&M. At the end of the day, there’s a lot that comes down to plain luck - so I wish you the best!

2 Likes

Congrats! :tada:

1 Like

Congrats!

Woohoo! Congrats!

Awesome news! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Congrats to those who received the Monroe invite! Do these early acceptances indicate that applicants who received a cipher card but no Monroe Scholars invite are definitely out of the running for it?

If you received the postcard, accepted to the school. If your student didnt receive an email, i would venture to say no to Monroe. It doesnt appear they notify in “waves”. My totally uneducated observation.

1 Like

Does anyone know when W&M will be releasing RD? Any possibility of earlier than before 4/1?

1 Like