Williams Fall 2022 Admissions - Class of 2026

DD was waitlisted; 34 ACT, 3.94 UW, pilot’s license, job, study abroad scholarship. Congrats to those accepted!

3 Likes

I assume no one gets in off the waitlist?

By design, Williams will accept students from its waitlist.

2 Likes

CDS says they took 73 off the waitlist last year.

Does anyone have info about the overall acceptance rate this year?

The latest CDS for Williams is 2020-2021 and they took 73 off the waitlist for fall 2020 not fall 2021. For fall 2021 they did not take anyone off the waitlist. Around June 2021 they narrowed down the students on the waitlist to about 30 but never took anyone off the waitlist and notified those 30 students around the beginning of July that the waitlist was closed.

4 Likes

Sorry what is CDS?

CDS is the common data set. You can find it for most colleges by googling the college name and CDS. It gives information on the college like application data and retention rates. Some colleges don’t report the information.

You can select the most recently available Common Data Set for Williams from this page: Common Data Set – Institutional Research. Note that Williams has yet to provide a CDS with information for the class that entered in 2021.

Check your math.

They usually accept about 1300 students for 500 slots so overall it’s more in the 8/9 range. RD only probably 6/7?

2 Likes

Son was waitlisted. 1540, 4.4, 4.0, Valedictorian. Accepted to UVA, GT, W&M Monroe, UGA. Waiting on 8 others. Congrats to all who were accepted!

3 Likes

So sorry, thank you for correcting my misinformation!! :cow: Congratulations to all the seniors this year and good luck with your decisions. You have an exciting four years ahead of you.

3 Likes

Son was accepted after deferral from ED! 3.9, 1530, NMF, 3 varsity sports (captain for two as a senior), excellent, unique ECs, submitted optional academic paper and a LOCI. His LOCI referenced a specific quote from the first mailing he received from Williams two years ago, and how rereading it reminded him how much he loved the school. I think this was important in bumping him up in the deferral pool, and even though Williams technically doesn’t consider applicants’ interest, I believe the letter genuinely showed Williams was his #1, which it truly is.

9 Likes

Waitlisted, 4.0/4,5/36, NMF, All-State. Accepted to Swarthmore, GT, NEU, deferred to Yale, which is son’s dream school. Congratulations to everyone who got in!

3 Likes

Can someone verify the CollegeKickstart Class of 2026 admission numbers of 15321 applicants and 1304 admits for the Class of 26. I haven’t seen any official PR from Williams on social media. C.K. stands by these numbers. Has Williams 2022 decision date already happened?

Decisions were released last Friday.

AFAIK, Williams doesn’t share admission numbers on social. There’s usually an article in the student newspaper, The Williams Record, that includes quotes from the DoA. There won’t be a new issue of the paper for a few weeks since it’s spring break.

1 Like

CollegeKickstart is a legitimate site. If they are saying Admissions they probably have a contact. The 15000 is in line with what went out with decisions and 1300 is in line with previous years CDS.

I wasn’t disputing the info on CollegeKickstart or its legitimacy. I was replying to the specific question about Williams posting admission numbers on social media. IIRC, the annual article in The Record generally includes quotes from the director of admissions with fairly specific information.