Williams Fall 2022 Admissions - Class of 2026

I disagree, last year for the Class of 2025, Williams had 12500 applications and 1000 admits. So that’s a 22.5% increase in applications year over year, and 30% increase in admits if the CK numbers are true. I find it interesting if the CK numbers are correct, why Amherst, Colby etc admit rates are going down, not up.

Here is the 2019-2020 CDS. Last year Williams tried to fill closer to 400 (instead of 550) spots due to the large number of students that deferred from the year before.

" On March 25, the Office of Admission sent regular decision letters offering admission to the incoming Class of 2025. According to Dean of Admission and Financial Aid Liz Creighton ’01, the College admitted 1,000 students out of nearly 12,500 first-year applications, a significant decrease from the roughly 1,250 students accepted into the Class of 2024. The approximately 8 percent acceptance rate this year is also a decrease from the 12.4 percent acceptance rate for the Class of 2023 — the last class accepted before the pandemic.

The lower number of students accepted may be due to the approximately 130 students who were originally members of the Class of 2024 but chose to take a gap year instead in light of the pandemic, most of whom will now be members of the Class of 2025."

1 Like

Sorry, @gotham_mom Was replying to the conversation in general. I always forget to go to that blue button bellow. :woman_facepalming:

1 Like

Congrats to everyone who got in :purple_heart: and for those that did not, you will find your place and will thrive! I have a first year at Williams College and a senior at Amherst College lol , so please reach out if you have any questions. #tusksup!

1 Like

I got into Williams RD. I applied Test Optional. I used QuestBridge for my application (Low Income Student). I’ve attended 3 high schools so my class rank is skewed (27/250). 4 honors courses and 8 APs. ECs include Model UN, Mock Trial, Newspaper, World Affairs Council, Class Office. I have worked at least 20 hours a week since sophomore year. I worked 40 hours a week the summer going into my Senior year in manufacturing (my boss wrote 1 of my letters of recommendation). GPA UW: 4.0. GPA W: 4.3. Still waiting on some more decisions but Williams is definitely one of the top schools on my list :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Hey guys, admitted and enrolled international student here. Any idea when the visa application documents will be sent by Williams?