Wordle Today - No Spoilers Please (Part 1)

Absurdle results: my best so far

Absurdle 6/∞

:yellow_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square:
:white_large_square::yellow_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square:
:white_large_square::green_square::green_square::white_large_square::white_large_square:
:yellow_square::green_square::green_square::white_large_square::white_large_square:
:white_large_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::white_large_square:
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square:

1 Like

I like the obscure words because they make me think. My son’s solution was to create a python script that eliminates words based on which letters are in the word and which ones definitely aren’t. I think he has as much fun testing his script as he does playing the game. His program might be a useful tool if my dyslexic kiddo gets stuck, so that’s fun.

2 Likes

Phew is right.

Wordle 219 6/6

:white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::yellow_square:
:white_large_square::yellow_square::green_square::white_large_square::white_large_square:
:white_large_square::yellow_square::green_square::white_large_square::white_large_square:
:white_large_square::white_large_square::green_square::green_square::white_large_square:
:white_large_square::white_large_square::green_square::green_square::white_large_square:

I actually guessed the word on the 4th try, but spelled it wrong. :person_facepalming:

1 Like

Got it on the fifth try. Probably the hardest one I’ve done.

3 Likes

Somehow wasn’t feeling it today and for a minute there, thought I wouldn’t get it. But got it on the very last try. H is very happy today - he got it in two (very lucky first word choice). Sssh - haven’t told him how many tries it took me today :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Wordle 219 5/6

:white_large_square::yellow_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square:
:white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square:
:white_large_square::white_large_square::green_square::white_large_square::white_large_square:
:white_large_square::yellow_square::green_square::white_large_square::yellow_square:
I think it helped that I’ve been doing Absurdle, which has a lot of this type of word.

1 Like

Really thought I wouldn’t get it until I came here and saw it was a more obscure word.

With absurdle, if you use the same words for first two lines, the answer is the same.

I struggled today. Got it in 5. I used to come here first for a bench mark but will no longer do that for the very reason you said. I don’t want any clues.

3 Likes

Wordle 218 3/6

:white_large_square::white_large_square::green_square::white_large_square::white_large_square:
:yellow_square::green_square::white_large_square::green_square::white_large_square:

This is my fourth time–I like it. Another time sucking game . . . good that I’m retired.

3 Likes

I agree.

I’ve been playing Absurdle a lot. The other day, I went through:

Happy
Cabby
Daddy
Nanny
It was…
Jazzy.

Has anyone played Sweardle yet? I won’t link it, because it’s quite possibly not allowed here. Prepare to laugh.

It helps to remember these games were created by Brits. They take these things seriously.

P.S. Thought I’d mention that with Absurdle, you can frequently get correct letters in the second word. There was a post earlier that said the first two guesses never have any correct letters.

2 Likes

I agree. I try not to come here until after I solve it because there are often subtle clues - things like a letter being used twice or difficult words.

2 Likes

Sweardle is good for a laugh. Got my first word and up popped “Congratulations you Potty Mouth”

3 Likes

Wordle 219 5/6

:white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square:
:white_large_square::white_large_square::green_square::yellow_square::white_large_square:
:white_large_square::yellow_square::green_square::yellow_square::yellow_square:

This one took far longer than it should have.

2 Likes

Just did Sweardle and got it in 3
Sweardle day 17 3/4
:yellow_square::black_large_square::yellow_square::black_large_square:
:black_large_square::black_large_square::black_large_square::black_large_square:
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square:

I was thinking I don’t know many swear words so this may be my last one: I think I used the 3 I could think of! Proud of my British heritage here.

Sweardle day 17 3/4
:black_large_square::black_large_square::black_large_square::black_large_square:
:yellow_square::black_large_square::yellow_square::black_large_square:
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square:

Stared at it a long time the it came to me. Wordle 219 4/6

:black_large_square::black_large_square::green_square::black_large_square::black_large_square:
:yellow_square::black_large_square::black_large_square::black_large_square::yellow_square:
:black_large_square::yellow_square::green_square::yellow_square::black_large_square:

1 Like

Wordle 219 5/6

:white_large_square::yellow_square::green_square::white_large_square::yellow_square:
:yellow_square::white_large_square::green_square::yellow_square::white_large_square:

Today was tough for me.

1 Like

I discovered this yesterday after reading our local newspaper on it, remembering this thread (title), and deciding to give it a try. I’m jumping into the thread here rather than reading the last 300 posts, so sorry if I missed anything.

Both yesterday and today I got it in three tries. It’s definitely fun. I forwarded the game on to my lads. One did today’s and got it in 4. Another might try it tonight after work.

It could definitely be addictive, so I’m glad there’s mainly one word per day!

1 Like

I got P**S on the first go! Very proud of myself :rofl:

1 Like