Wordle Today - No Spoilers Please (Part 1)

One of the overnight news channels had a segment on the game, where they suggested starting with snort and adieu. That was all it took today…well, that, and 14 minutes.

1 Like

Wow. That does help.

1 Like

I’ve been starting with TRAIN but may try out a few others.

I was using STARE but have branched out lately.

I seem to follow with “storm” for the second line.

Sometimes I do a whole line to eliminate letters. Nothing works all the time :slight_smile:

Doing random ones I got two with three tries but failed with two entirely so maybe that balances out.

“STERN” is usually my starter to get as many of the RSTLNE items in as I can

1 Like

I’ve only been playing a few days but I’m hooked. If I get any in the first line I’ve been following with a word that has all new letters. Thanks for those sharing hints here. I wouldn’t have ever finished today’s without reading that letters can be repeated.

3 Likes

I start with SMART followed by NEIGH. Might have to try a few of the others that are mentioned.

2 Likes

Playing on the random website tonight…

I got 4 of 5 letters in the correct spots on my second try. You’d think I’d easily solve that, but nope. It took three tries before I got it!

TO_IC

I would have guessed TOXIC

And you would have been correct. :smiley:

2 Likes

I’m hooked on this too! Got today’s in 3, usually takes me 4or 5 but I got lucky with my first guess. Have been starting with beaut and/or doily. Will try some of the above suggestions!

1 Like

Wow, with those two you would have done well today.

There are fewer vowels so I figure you can start off with at least knowing what they are. However, starting with adieu or irate or whatever, I sometimes end up with just an “i,” for instance. Then the next line I try to eliminate some consonants.

Adding: just started with “adieu” and “storm” on a random and got now vowels! Remembered Y: there were two of them in the end. Took me 5 and barely made it.

Whew! Took me all 6 today. Just made it.

3 Likes

I got today’s in 4. I started with two of the standard elimination words then got lucky with my third word (all but one letter). :smiley:

Got it in 5 but should have been 4. My 4th guess was dumb. lol

Once again, took all 6. :thinking:

Six for me. No greens until line five, yikes.

Being able to eliminate letters is as important as being able to include letters.

9 Likes