Wordle Today - No Spoilers Please (Part 1)

I’m the worst at getting to 4 letters and then guessing the wrong word! Should have had the last two days in three but nope. :woman_facepalming:t3:

Wordle 211 5/6

:yellow_square::green_square::yellow_square::white_large_square::white_large_square:
:white_large_square::green_square::yellow_square::green_square::white_large_square:
:white_large_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square:
:white_large_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square:
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square:

2 Likes

ha, mine is reads

1 Like

I am too hasty. Should have gotten it in 3 again today but once again too quickly entered a word that didn’t use all the letters from the previous try. Ugh!

Wordle 211 4/6

:yellow_square::black_large_square::black_large_square::black_large_square::black_large_square:
:green_square::black_large_square::yellow_square::green_square::black_large_square:
:green_square::black_large_square::yellow_square::green_square::yellow_square:

1 Like

Spent way too much time on the 4th line.

Wordle 211 4/6

:yellow_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square:
:green_square::white_large_square::yellow_square::white_large_square::white_large_square:
:green_square::green_square::white_large_square::green_square::white_large_square:

Wordle 211 3/6

:white_large_square::white_large_square::yellow_square::yellow_square::white_large_square:
:yellow_square::white_large_square::yellow_square::white_large_square::yellow_square:

2 Likes

Happy enough with this one
Wordle 211 3/6

:green_square::white_large_square::yellow_square::yellow_square::white_large_square:
:green_square::green_square::white_large_square::green_square::green_square:

1 Like

I am trying to be relaxed about this and not worry about how quickly I get it. Sometimes I get it in 3, but not often, and I don’t feel any less satisfied when I use all the rows. I guess I am not competitive with myself! It feels more fun to free associate. I do analyze when it is down to the wire and just one line left though :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Wordle 211 4/6

:yellow_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square:
:green_square::white_large_square::yellow_square::yellow_square::white_large_square:
:green_square::yellow_square::white_large_square::yellow_square::green_square:

Yeah, me too! I was only missing the middle letter, and then guessed a less-common word, then got it on the next try with a word that is much more commonly used today than the other word, which was big in the 40’s and 50’s. Guess I’m showing my age.

1 Like

Wordle 211 4/6

I knew my third guess today was wrong but it put the identified letters into the last two spots and then it popped into my head.

:white_large_square::yellow_square::yellow_square::white_large_square::white_large_square:
:white_large_square::yellow_square::yellow_square::white_large_square::white_large_square:
:white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::green_square::green_square:

The system is broken! You can play 'Today’s Word" over and over again, increasing your ‘genius’ score with each try :joy: :joy: :joy:

My mind always seems to go to less common words. Ugh. Prime example I mentioned upthread (from a random play)… I had TO_IC on the second guess. I then guessed Tonic, Topic, before finally getting Toxic. Skieurope figured it out first guess when I posted here.

I’ve done that the last two days on the Daily play. I should have figured it out on the third guess both times but instead was 4 and 5! :woman_facepalming:t3:

1 Like

Oh help me! I have now played 80 games.

And yes, I have developed strategies. My #1 tip is to always try to solve with whatever info you have - don’t play a word without known letters just to explore.

1 Like

Isn’t that kind of what the hard mode forces you to do? I haven’t tried hard mode yet.

Ugh! 5/6 today!!!

I overthought this one. I had four in place but changed the middle letter three times before I got it.

Wordle 211 3/6

:white_large_square::yellow_square::white_large_square::green_square::white_large_square:
:green_square::white_large_square::yellow_square::white_large_square::white_large_square:

I’ll admit to doodling this one on my napkin. Tomorrow I’ll move away from any pens!

I did the exact same thing, @parentologist .

What’s wrong with using a pen?

I like pen and paper, too!