Wordle Today - No Spoilers Please (Part 1)

I always use a pen. That’s how I try out different combinations.

I didn’t like today’s word.

Dumb luck, but yay

Wordle 212 2/6

:white_large_square::yellow_square::green_square::white_large_square::green_square:
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square:

4 Likes

Wordle 212 4/6

:yellow_square::white_large_square::green_square::white_large_square::yellow_square:
:green_square::yellow_square::yellow_square::yellow_square::white_large_square:
:green_square::white_large_square::green_square::green_square::green_square:

Dumb move on second round, but I’m not sure I would have gotten it in three anyway.

Wordle 212 3/6

:green_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::yellow_square:
:white_large_square::yellow_square::white_large_square::yellow_square::white_large_square:
It usually takes me 4, so yippee!

1 Like

Wordle 212 3/6

:yellow_square::white_large_square::yellow_square::white_large_square::white_large_square:
:white_large_square::yellow_square::green_square::yellow_square::white_large_square:

2 Likes

Wordle 212 3/6

:yellow_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::green_square:
:green_square::white_large_square::green_square::green_square::green_square:

Finally got under 4!

2 Likes

Took 4 today. Guessed wrong on my 2 possibilities.

Took me 6 today.

Just realized I accidentally did today’s on the “random” website. So I had to recreate in the correct once a day website. I was tempted to “get it” on the first guess… hahaha Nevertheless, I’m still happy to finally get one under 4!

Lord, it took me until the 4th line to get it today! Three green on my initial guess, but nothing seemed to ring true, after that!

The word is not a normal American word. Just sayin’.

3 Likes

Probably why I got it in 2. :rofl:

3 Likes

Talk -------, think Yiddish!

Okay, now we’re getting into the “bad clues” range of things, bordering on bad puns. Come to think of it, this could be more fun than the game.

Wordle 212 3/6

:white_large_square::yellow_square::yellow_square::white_large_square::white_large_square:
:green_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square:

This word was very familiar in my kid’s high school circles :wink:

2 Likes
  1. Had never heard of wordle until late last week.

2. Became obsessed with the site offering unlimited words (link posted somewhere upthread, for playing random words, not just today’s word).

3. After trying different techniques and first words, decided to challenge myself to get cumulative 3s to match cumulative 5s (had a lot of dumb mistake 5s and some bad luck 5s).

Finally! After 263 games…made my target! Posting in case you’re looking for ideas on turning the random site into a solitaire challenge of sorts.

Took 3.

Not a fan of the word today!

1 Like

Wordle 212 3/6

:green_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::green_square::green_square:
:green_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::green_square::green_square:

They do seem to have some obscure words. This is a random one I did:

Wordle 477 5/6

:white_large_square::white_large_square::yellow_square::yellow_square::white_large_square:
:yellow_square::white_large_square::yellow_square::yellow_square::green_square:
:green_square::green_square::green_square::white_large_square::green_square:
:green_square::green_square::green_square::white_large_square::green_square:

TRI_E

Even with my native language not being English, I’m sure I never encountered this word before. My SAT tests didn’t have words this cryptic. :rofl:

1 Like

They do have some odd random words. I had one I finally gave up on which had a U as 1st and/or 4th letter and ended in an E. It was not fluke or anything else I could easily call to mind.

Decided to start playing yesterday. Today/Monday I got very lucky with first word and solved in 3. (After 2 tries I had all but the middle character).

What website/app/whatever do folks use that show the colored graphic (without letters)