Yale Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

I think every tier will see an increase (due to test optional) except the lowest. Applicants might be doing more “reach”’schools and that can occur at 2nd and 3rd tiers as well. The result will just be lower % acceptances. (Same # accepted from a larger pool, across the board)

If you assume that candidates are applying to the same number of colleges this year, then lower tiers of colleges must be getting less competitive, no? Because of the shift upwards?

I don’t think so. I think people saw the test optional status of Ivies this year as a way to “shoot their shot.” I think people would have still applied to their match and safeties, just added schools previously out of their reach.

That’s probably true.

Did anyone from India get an interview? I don’t know anyone who is applying so I am kind of lost :((
Applied to three Ivies, but haven’t received even a single interview.
Since they are prioritizing interviews for students that they need more info from, does it mean not getting one is negative?

1 Like

Hope everyone is hanging in there! Has anyone received an email to schedule an alumni interview from Yale for Class of 2025 admissions? Getting anxious as I have not heard despite submitting my application in November 2020. Love to hear back!

I haven’t heard either.

I haven’t either. I read somewhere that Yale typically only gives interviews to students who they have more “questions” about (i.e. making sure they didn’t lie on their application or their application is not an automatic rejection, but not admit material either, so they interview to see if the student has something going on that explains it). I could be entirely wrong though.

You are correct

That’s an interesting perspective! I had an interview and was accepted SCEA class of 2025. My application was strong, thorough, and included a music supplement. My interview was just a friendly conversation that lasted about 35 minutes. I was under no impression that there was anything about my application they were questioning. It was more like a coffee shop chat with a good friend. Best of luck to you!

I just got an interview today

hey, I’m also from India, and have not got any interview from Ivy, but do got a Vassar interview.

Does anyone know if I should email my letter of continued interest or upload it directly to the portal?

Portal

SCEA admit chiming in here. Pretty much all the admits I’ve spoken to were offered interviews, myself included. I do know a couple of international applicants who were not offered interviews but still were admitted, but I’m guessing that’s just because they have fewer alumni in other countries. But maybe they are doing it differently for RD. I have no idea.

hiii, has any international student received an interview request yet? I’m a little concerned because I haven’t been contacted, but it hasn’t been that long, I submitted my application a minute before the deadline

are you an International applicant?

not until now (I am from India).

Indian Applicants Give a heart; I want to know how many fellow Indians have applied!

3 Likes

no Im domestic