Yale Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

has anyone gotten in that is test optional? (International applicant)

does anyone know when is the latest possible date that you could be contacted for an interview?

April 5

I mean in theory :woman_shrugging:t2:

2 Likes

Are there any numbers from the past years indicating percentages of students from SCEA that were deferred and later admitted through RD?

No, but I think most have been assuming something similar to the RD rate.

@BKSquared hi just wondering, how long after an interview is the report due? Are all of them due around march 1st or do you need to submit them within a week or two of the interview?

The deadline for reports this year is March 1. I think most interviewers submit their reports within 1 week of the interview, but that depends on each interviewer. I write mine pretty much the next day while my memory is fresh and then may edit a day or 2 later before submission.

1 Like

Do you think they’re being more selective on who they give interviews to in the RD round compared to the REA round, since obviously there are more applicants in RD? What do you think as of now that getting an interview means?

Same standards according to the AO. Usually more volunteers and more time for RD means they can give about the same proportion of interviews as SCEA.

1 Like

Anybody know if/when Yale will send out likely letters this year?

I was informed yes. BUT, no timeline or how many… info. from Y admissions

1 Like

Traditionally, Yale begins sending out Likely Letters the beginning of February. Whether that gets pushed back this year is anyone’s guess.

That said, Yale only sends out about 100-120 in the regular round. The vast majority of accepted applicants will not get a Likely Letter.

3 Likes

Are the YES weekend likely letters based on your research supplement?

Amongst other factors IMO

please don’t worry if you haven’t gotten an interview. lots of people who get interviews don’t get in and lots who don’t get them do get in. and they still offer interviews through february, so it’s not like there’s no chance you’ll get one. i was deferred rea and i haven’t been offered one.

I just got an interview today. I think I’m technically an international applicant, as I’m a US citizen studying in the UK FYI.

Since they’re being more selective with interviews this year I’m fairly sure they will take some time to read all the applications first before assigning interviews, so I wouldn’t worry if you don’t receive a Yale interview anytime within the next few weeks.

1 Like

@2025Class
What’s your profile like? If I may ask

1 Like

I (intl) kinda screwed up my interview. I went so awkward that the interviewer had to say “it’s ok to be nervous”.

For what it’s worth, it is always said that interviews can’t harm you! so don’t worry, I’m sure the interviewer understands that the whole process can be overwhelming and won’t penalize you.

good luck all! :))

1 Like

where to upload LOCI in portal? “extra curricular achievement/award” or “academic achievement or award” or “other addition to application”?