Yale Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

@anon6850723 Congrats on your admission. When they interviewed you, do you feel like they were looking for more information toward your application as states on the interview as how they prioritize or just normal interview.

1 Like

While it makes sense to me that some people get interviews bc of questions, it does not make sense to me that that is the overall rule. Everyone I know from NYC privates and big name publics get interviews including the obvious slam dunks from private.

I think it is a perfect storm looking at the increases at state schools to, a perfect storm of:
test optional
gap years creating fewer seats
kids stuck at home with fewer distractions ended up filling out a lot of apps
people who own stocks feel richer and are willing to consider paying for these schools

I would love to know that too. I am guessing “other addition to application” would be appropriate.

First wave of likely letters came out today.

Really! That’s so exciting! How do you know?

i was admitted without an interview, so don’t worry about it

How do you know? And just for Yale?

two people on reddit said they have

Thank you! I just saw the Reddit posts

do you live somewhere where there are not a lot of interviewers? (rural, int’l) or do you think your app was particularly strong/hooked? (asking because I was deferred without an interview… ) and btw- CONGRATS !!

Is anyone else getting heaps of emails from Yale-NUS? I did not tick the box that I was interested but last few weeks getting lots of emails from them. For reference I am US citizen but schooled internationally. Tks

My admissions officer reached out to me and asked if we could have a chat. I guess this is like a second interview maybe? Does anybody know what that means?

Did his email mention anything about a likely letter? Or just a brief chat? Sorry I am just super shocked right now I was not expecting this haha

Email didn’t mention likely letter. Just asked to have a chat. That was pretty much all.

OMG! brb crying rn but i dont want to get my hopes up in case it is not a likely letter

I also did not get like a physical letter or anything like that emailed to me just a convo on the phone request

Hi blobpizza,

Being reached out to by an Admissions Officer is generally a good thing – it means that, likely letter or not, you are on that officer’s radar. They know about you! As an Admissions Advisor, I can tell you they are likely reaching out for a second interview. If this is the case, it reinforces the idea that the AO is, for one reason or another, interested in your application. In fact, one of our advisors had a second interview with their Yale AO and ended up getting a Yale Likely Letter as well!

By pure statistics, this is definitely a rarity, so don’t get your hopes up too much! But, at the very least, we recommend you prepare yourself in case the AO asks you “interview-esque” questions to learn more about you. And even if the purpose of the call is completely different, take the opportunity to stress how important an education at Yale is to you. After all, you are speaking to the person who will be judging, presenting, and hopefully advocating your application to other officers. Feel free to reach out with any additional questions!

Best of luck,
AimIvy

Likely Letter! Good luck!!

Does anyone know when they’ll stop sending the likely letters? I know I won’t get one but I’m just curious. Congratulations to all who have received one! You guys absolutely deserve it and I’m so happy that your hard work is paying off!

5 Likes