Yale Early Action for Fall 2022 Admission

I wouldn’t assume this. It could go either way (deferral, accept, or reject). They did mention how availability plays a role and also they interviewed applicants they needed more information from.

1 Like

I’m applying from Shanghai too. Which school do you attend?

Per my son’s school (domestic), it’s pretty sure that this year Yale interviews are based on the qualifications of applicants.

Do you mean then I’m correct to assume that since she did not get an interview request, it is not a good sign? We are from outside NYC where I’m sure the pool of alumni and applicants is quite high.

You are not correct and you can make no such assumption.

Don’t conflate number of alumni with number of interviewers. Most alumni don’t interview.

2 Likes

yeah thats incorrect

1 Like

It says in bold on Yale’s website:

During the 2021-2022 admissions cycle, all interviews will be conducted virtually. Because of limited virtual interviewing capacity, the Office of Undergraduate Admissions will prioritize interviews for students for whom the Admissions Committee needs more information. Interviews will remain optional, and students who do not receive an interview will not be disadvantaged.

This makes me think that this year things are different and if you do not receive an interview request that you should not worry.

1 Like

my alum interviewer told me an interesting point about this as well. they said that they had friends in bigger cities like boston and nyc who wanted to be alumni interviewers, but because there were so many interviewers already there, they weren’t able to (i’m in a more rural area). this seems to suggest that there are limits to the number of alum interviewers, especially in higher population areas?

My son’s school has at least four students applying to Yale SCEA this year. Two got interviewed and another two didn’t. I think interviewed ones are stronger applicants. Of course this is just my opinion.

1 Like

well it’s def wrong. it’s better to take what yale said at face value. they will prioritize interviews for students for whom the Admissions Committee needs more information

4 Likes

I still do wonder if your guesses are right, please let us know when you find out!

there a lot of applicants who don’t get interviews. moreover, lots of ppl who are interviewed are also deferred as well. again, its very unpredictable. interviews are most likely not based off of strength of applicant.

1 Like

Did anyone else’s Yale Financial Aid page change? When attempting to access my Yale financial aid page it read: The Financial Aid Checklist is temporarily unavailable. It will be available again by noon on Thursday, December 16th.

I am more curious about what it might mean that they want ‘more information’.

1 Like

yeah it changed a few days ago! its a normal procedure that happens, basically the portal page gets taken down while they upload decisions, but everything will be back after decisions come out!

Awesome! Thanks for the info.

1 Like

Yale’s interviewing statement this year is identical to last year’s.

1 Like

It means you’re not an automatic reject. Nor are you an automatic admit. IMO.

1 Like

Could also mean that the other 2 were so strong that they did not need anymore information.

Does anyone know what time decisions are released on the 15th? We find out by logging into the portal? Good luck, everyone!