Yale Early Action for Fall 2022 Admission

Rejected

rejected with 4.67wgpa, 34 ACT, eagle scout, club president, team captain :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Can anyone access he EA admissions statistics?

3 Likes

remember a higher than RD percentage are athletes and legacies

1 Like

Hold up what?? 31% deferred and 57% rejected?? Damn

1 Like

All sounds very impressive! It’s just so hard to be admitted to HPY without an actual hook. Achievement is no longer enough! That said, it’s certainly possible he’ll be admitted in the regular round! Good luck!

1 Like

Accepted!!

21 Likes

It looks like Yale has flipped the percentages of deferred vs rejected. In past cycles, more than 50% were deferred, e.g. the last cycle 50% deferred and only 38% rejected.

IMO, I think this is a good change. To many students were in deferred limbo that really did not have much of a chance. Now they can move on in many respects.

13 Likes

deferred :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

In the deferral letter, they assert that students will probably have the same chance that everyone else in the RD pool has—assuming this has held true for previous years, will a lower deferral rate this year meaning anything for deferred students in RD?

D 22 Deferred. 4.0 UW, cum laude, ACT 35, legacy, URM (but no financial aid requested); solid but not out of this world ECs, comparable to others here. Top 20 private school nationally.

I am guessing that the deferral pool is stronger this year than in the past. In past years, I think many deferred students had almost no chance of admissions absent some significant change in circumstance, some were going to be as competitive as strong applicants in the RD pool and some may have just missed getting in SCEA but the AO wanted to hold the line on SCEA admits so they would have a freer hand in putting together the RD class. Where an individual applicant falls in that continuum only the AO knows.

4 Likes

I’ve been deferred! Does anyone know how letters of continued interest work? and when I should send one and what it should have for Yale?

“I think this is a good change. To many students were in deferred limbo that really did not have much of a chance. Now they can move on in many respects.”

Hi, what do you mean by this? Does this bode better for those deferred this year or worse?

1 Like

Better…because they rejected a higher percentage instead of keeping them hanging. This means a higher percentage of the deferrals should be accepted compared to previous years.

2 Likes

does anyone know what percent of deferred get accepted?

Got it. Thank you!

S legacy rejected. Any other legacies get rejected?

1 Like

I have a question… I got referred from Yale SCEA. My unweighted GPA for my mid-year report is going to be around a 3.6, and my weighted GPA for my mid-year report will be around a 4.5. Obviously my unweighted GPA is abysmal. Does this ruin my chances as a deferred applicant? Should I even try to apply to other ivies with that mid-year report?

My Courses:

AP English Lit - B+
AP Statistics - B
AP Environmental Science - A
AP French - A

Next semester I am taking 3 college courses as well.