Yale University Admissions Fall 2022

sounds good. I wish everyone the best on admittance.

2 Likes

Yes, two international students (applying for need aid) from my country got afdmitted SCEA and did not have FAFSA requirement

I’m an international applying for aid, and I don’t have the FAFSA requirement. However, I was deferred REA, so it could be different for me.

Rather than an indication of rejection, I think it could possibly mean that a final decision has been made on your application (accept or reject).
So, in this case, every international applying for aid that is accepted or rejected would eventually get the FAFSA notification, and every international applying for aid that is waitlisted would never get it. I was deferred REA (no final decision made), which is why I might not have got it.
However, this theory falls flat if there were accepted internationals applying for aid REA that didn’t get the FAFSA notification.
In all likelihood, it really is just a widespread glitch.

If you are applying for financial aid, then I think you should have been asked for FAFSA, unless generally international students seeking financial aid are not required to submit FAFSA. Does anyone know?

Since the FAFSA is “federal” and US IRS connected. I would imagine international applicants are exempt.

Fafsa is for US citizens, US national or eligible non citizen.

https://studentaid.gov/understand-aid/eligibility/requirements/non-us-citizens

2 Likes

@Dana_Marks If you are right, thats means that you are rejected. Sorry about it, I hope that you have another options.

So basically, there are two options at this point:

• stress out speculating about stuff on the portal that may or may not mean anything

Or

• just ignore it (because no one can tell you definitively one way or the other) and hope for the best. You’ll know in 10 days.

Good luck all!

13 Likes

Yes, sadly. You too have it?

1 Like

Yes, but I don’t think that’s means rejection.
Good luck.

I know a lot of people who don’t have the FAFSA requirement, we are actually a minority who have it.

yeah right but i don’t think so that indicates an acceptance or a rejection i think it’s a glitch.

1 Like

just visited the portal and FAFSA requirement disappeared :confused: (international student)

2 Likes

yeah right it says the FAFSA is not required.

yeah same

1 Like

I’m an international student and didn’t get an interview
 Even though it says on the website that you may not get it and doesn’t affect your admission decision, i still feel so bad and anxious that it might mean I will get rejected

2 Likes

No one knows anything for sure. Let’s just wait and see what happens.

2 Likes

So is the result coming out on March 31st? Is it the same for other ivy schools also? Cuz I got an email from Dartmouth saying that decisions will be posted on March 31st but not from any other schools.

Yes and yes

1 Like

Yes, all IVY’s are coming out on March 31 at 7:00 PM EST