Yale University Admissions Fall 2022

I would strongly encourage, with all due respect, that all portal astrology posts please, please stop. Let’s wait for any relevant and real information. Also, beware that college AOs roam these message boards.

7 Likes

Every year this attempt at tea reading happens. It is understandable at one level because everyone is always anxious over the uncertainty but it is not productive and just adds to the angst. If you or your child applied to Yale (and felt like you had a shot), then you/your child are/is probably accomplished enough to get into a great college somewhere.

Think about it, I could say anyone with an XYZ on their portal will be rejected and I will have a 96%+ chance of being right, so any tying of past glitches predicting future results is equally nonsensical.

11 Likes

Oh wait, let me clarify that I’m not trying to do portal astrology. I just wanted to complain since I hate submitting documentation :rage:

1 Like

No AO in the history of AOs has done anything of consequence to any potential applicant for posting on college confidential about their hopeful interpretation regarding release dates or portal changes. This entire process is a rite of passage for students. Let them be excited, hopeful, and discover and post about their thoughts and predictions.

17 Likes

OMG ME TOO SAME EXACT SCHEDULE REQUESTS FOR ME on the 17th tho

I was the one who posted about the schedules C and E. I was only curious because they marked it on the 17th of this month, which I found to be quite late into the admissions process. Also wondering what it means if a Yale app reader contacts ur counselor asking to verify a rec letter and some activities- that happened to me a few days after the fin aid portal change.

1 Like

hmmmm… it may be that they are looking closer at your app. At this point, I imagine it can only be good news, although they may change their minds about admissions up until the date of the release.

2 Likes

Hey! I was wondering if anyone else here has had their counselor contacted to verify a rec letter and also activities? A Yale app reader did so Saturday. Does this mean anything? Especially this late? I only know of one other who was too contacted, an Early princeton admit.
Moreover, anyone contacted for a second interview? I know someone who has, and the interviewer told her only 3/28k were chosen to have the second interview, as a means for admissions to quickly decide who is worthy of admission, lol.

Do let me know!

1 Like

My gut tells me it’s a good sign. Maybe there are ties among applicant and they are trying to make a decision between two or more that deserve the spot.

1 Like

Sounds like it’s leaning in the right direction then!! Best of luck to you! :tada:

2 Likes

are u an international student? just wondering…

No, domestic

Checklists disappeared for both financial and the main application tabs. Anyone else going through the same?

2 Likes

same for me, I think it’s for everyone

2 Likes

My DD checked yesterday and everything was there. We just looked and it said that the checklist is deactivated for current applicants.

1 Like

Same here

Did anyone from here get something called a SID? Saw on the Reddit thread some have got it and apparently it means you are accepted?

Where is that, is that on the porta

1 Like

portal*