Yale University Admissions Fall 2022

My daughter doesn’t see SID on her portal.

Yes like where is it?

Doesn’t everyone get one when they submit their application? isn’t the SID your identification number?

The SID is a nine digit student identification number. This is different than your application ID found on the top left of the portal. I don’t see where this would be located on the portal.

Have people received a financial award letter yet? This seems like the only place to find that.

https://finaid.yale.edu/award-letter/financial-aid-terminology/student-identification-number-sid

It means u got in. Yale SID is solely for admitted students

1 Like

Applicants who are admitted receive it in an email from the financial aid office if any of their documents were missing

1 Like

i received an email from Yale w/ an SID about missing finaid docs, but I don’t think it means anything.

1 Like

My daughter only sees her app ID and no SID

Before others start to panic, just because Yale hasn’t contacted you for more financial aid info doesn’t mean anything other than they have what they need. My kid is in at five schools with FA and no one ever asked for additional documentation. He sent in everything they needed a long time ago.

3 Likes

it means u got in. SID is only for admitted Yale students. The email distinguishes the SID they give u from the app ID number.

Google SID number Yale and it will tell u it’s for matriculated students only.

In other words, congrats!

where do you find the SID

U only receive it in an email from the fin aid office if u didn’t submit certain documents.

In other words, it’s exclusive to those applicants who have not submitted certain fin aid documents.

Admissions and financial aid coordinate in the last few weeks to ensure the admitted applicants who didn’t submit fin aid docs do so on time.

1 Like

got it, i didnt apply for finaid

1 Like

ahh. Wishing u the best of luck!!!

My son got a likely letter back in 1st week of Feb and he has no SID listed on the portal, just the application reference number (which is also a 9 digit number).

7 Likes

Congratulations to your son!!

3 Likes

does anyone have both a mailing address and permanent address on their “my personal information” page

Yes, we have both. However, I don’t think that means anything.

I don’t think so there’s any mailing address tab i can only see the permanent address one.

First off, congrats!
The applicant does not receive the SID in their portal. Only those missing fin aid documents will get one via an email from the fin aid office

3 Likes