Yale University Admissions Fall 2022

I have both

Where is it? I can only see the permanent address not the mailing address?

What’s the link to the portal?

Means u were admitted. Sid is for admitted applicants/ Yale students only

Check under “My personal information” tab

But there’s only permanent address there’s no mailing address as such?

Idk mine has both? Do others only have one address?

Ah what’s happening :sob::sob::interrobang:

1 Like

I have only permanent address (international student). Can’t remember whether it was different before.

1 Like

I wish I could tell you😭 Are you international? Maybe that’s why

This is NOT a sign of admission. You can update your address and have a mailing address
 Try “Change Address” button and see if you can get it.

I have both addresses (international).

That’s from the “Yale University RD Megathread” on Reddit

then we’re people saying that 2 addresses meant you were rejected?

Think about it logically - how would the number of addresses relate to admission decisions? Why would 2 addresses mean rejection (or acceptance or WL)?
There’s no relation, which means you shouldn’t pay heed to it.

In the very few cases where portal astrology has worked (example UCB withdrawal button), there is always a logical connection to admission decisions (example: in the UCB case withdrawal option wasn’t working for rejected students because withdrawing isn’t a valid option for rejected students).

4 Likes

In the “Yale Class of 2025 — Regular Decision” thread on CC, several explanations were offered in regards to having only 1 address. So, this is unlikely to be an indicator.

Thanks, I was looking at that thread. This is admitted students portal,can anyone login? How about people with likely letters?

https://apps.admissions.yale.edu/portal/admits

1 Like

An hour ago, I learned that colleges detect it when prospective students try to open portal URLs that are not intended for them. In rare cases (read: Reddit - Dive into anything), students were rejected because of such attempts. In other words, portal astrology involving “URL hacking” may potentially lead to rejection.

5 Likes

And it is important to remember the ethical perspective. I did not see portal astrology as an attempt to gain unauthorised access into the confidential data of the admission office, however, it may be interpreted as such when it comes to URL hacking. Even though the majority of us (including me) see it as an attempt to notice signs that were in some way “released” by the AO, certain cases may be viewed as a form of trespassing.

1 Like