Yale University Admissions Fall 2022

Oops.

Asked someone who got a likely to try it out. They said it didn’t work

1 Like

I have both a permanent and mailing address, what does this mean?

2 Likes

I can’t see the mailing address i can only see one address i.e the permanent address? what’s happening man :sob::sob::interrobang:

It means Jack squat STOP WORRYING

(I have both btw)

3 Likes

Man is it only me who’s having a single address on the portal?

Is there any international students who recieved an SID from financial aid office?

1 Like

I applied from the UK and didn’t get contacted for one either so hopefully it’s okay.

One of the explanations was offered in the last year’s thread: some people register their residential address as mailing address (therefore, the portal does not show it separately from the residential). However, I did not verify the validity of that claim. If we assume that this claim is true, then having 1 address may be seen as a (potential, previously discredited, and highly unlikely) indicator of admission only if:
— the number addresses visible in your portal CHANGED from 2 to 1 recently
— a large number of applicants can confirm that they have 2 addresses on their portal DESPITE having used residential address as mailing address during registration

1 Like

Ah that might be the case cause my mailing address is same as my residential address.

Thanks man!

1 Like

You are welcome) I am also international and have only 1 address. Initially, I got excited about that but now realize that the most likely explanation is that I registered my residential address as mailing address. I feel it is better to keep expectations low at this point, as the number of addresses is likely not a sign.

1 Like

That’s so true

Bro can you lend me ur socials?

Yup I have the ladder example. I have two addresses and they are both the same residential address

1 Like

Ah why are we having only one address?

I have 2 addresses on my portal, but I also have separate permanent and mailing addresses (I attend boarding school). I really don’t think it means anything. If it’s worth anything, I received an email about finaid with a SID.

For me I marked them both as the same but I have the option for 2 separate addresses

1 Like

Does anyone know when the admissions and financial aid checklist will be back up? I went to access it and I got this message: "The Admissions Checklist has been deactivated temporarily for all first-year applicants. "

Princeton email came in today for S22 with 3/31 7pm (EST) decision timing. I’m sure other notifications will be coming soon as well.

I have 2 addresses. They are the same address. Does this mean anything?