Young Arts 2022-2023

a finalist call probably lasts like around ten minutes from what ive heard some finalists say. n they probably dont have a really big group of people notifying finalists (this is just my blatant speculation tho). id guess that it would take longer than a day. but the only way to find out for sure is if someone messages youngarts. i think someone sent them a dm before, but idk if they heard back…still, at this point, im gonna assume im not a finalist and hope for hm or merit

3 Likes

no, the finalist process from what i’ve heard is spread across multiple days and there are actually a lot of finalists from across all categories. there’s no way they would be able to call them all in just two days. it definitely is spread out across a week but the aforementioned comments are right, no way to tell unless someone messages youngarts :man_shrugging:
and i have barely heard any classical music finalists, living in nj ik there are many very good applicants from my area and no one has heard anything yet

6 Likes

n even if someone does contact youngarts, theres still a (small) chance that their response will b inaccurate. last year, i messaged youngarts, and they responded that all finalists had been notified. a day later, they sent me another email apologizing and saying that not all finalists had actually been notified lolll

1 Like

and when did you message them, may i ask?

1 Like

lemme check, hang on. thats a good question

1 Like

Hi there! Finalist notifications began yesterday and this process will take some time to complete. All winners will then be announced December 6. The timeline is published at (their website) Thanks for reaching out!”

^^thats the dm I got from my insta message

4 Likes

thank you!

1 Like

November 17 of last year: I asked youngarts through email when all poetry finalists would be announced

Nov 18: they responded that all finalists were already notified on tuesday

Nov 18: I asked if this applied to all finalists or just poetry finalists

Nov 18: they said that all finalists in all categories were notified

Nov 19: youngarts responded again to my email and said “Correction: Finalists are being contacted beginning this week and we are still in the process. This process takes awhile, and not everyone has been contacted.”

wow they must have thought i was so annoying kjlajdlklkdsa. but yeah, here is the exchange

4 Likes

no this is so helpful to everyone! thank you for this information.

2 Likes

supporting young artists by torturing us for days :sob::sob:

7 Likes

FRRR!!! It’s awful!!

Did anyone receive email from Peabody regarding YoungArts finalist?

Yeah i think it was an email list to everyone (in performing arts probably) who applied

I feel like from previous years’ forums it seems like most people who posted were contacted on the first day so i don’t really have much hope hahaha… I’m only holding onto that tiny sliver of hope that they’re doing it by alphabetical order

2 Likes

The peabody email also mentioned acceptance and scholarship because the applicant was a finalist. It doesn’t make sense if this was emailed to everyone, right?

3 Likes

I received peabody email but it says “for your participation”

3 Likes

I think this Peabody email was sent to everyone who opted for information about colleges to be sent to them, but I might be wrong.

1 Like

Only “for your participation”? Guess every email is different.

1 Like

Heard ppl are getting peabody emails but out of curiosity has anyone received any visual arts college emails? Or visual arts discipline calls in general since I’ve only really seen writing and music discipline calls in the thread. Thnx!

Peabody and MSM😁

I have not heard about visual arts schools.

2 Likes