Young Arts 2022-2023

i dont think these college emails mean anything. they just send them in mass to everyone on the list. i opted out of college emails for this reason

I agree with you.

1 Like

yeah and i also agree with bassfam. its irresponsible, imo, for these colleges to be emailing everyone before notification is over. it causes so much confusion and more stress. i remember one year, a college emailed everyone that submitted congratulating them on being a “finalist,” and chaos ensued.

2 Likes

Did you get this email but wasn’t notified that you were a finalist?

3 Likes

I got the participation and “accomplishments” email and wasn’t notified I’m a finalist, so I’m assuming it’s a no

1 Like

As did my S, but @Chilypepper says their email said something different

She should not hold back her applications in any case. She can always notify the admissions officers if she is named a finalist/hm/ merit winner. They’ve seen these thousands of times over the years.

2 Likes

This thread has become eerily quiet.

2 Likes

You can add it to your college file after application, so she should go ahead and submit. :slight_smile:

yes, in fact, YA will send a letter of notification on your student’s behalf, to the colleges they’ve applied to (and request the letter to be sent to), and it is added to their file.

Yes, it’s what happened with my s22. He sent emails to the schools he applied to as well.

Has anyone heard anything about visual arts finalists being called? Pooping my pants and dying over here.

2 Likes

yeah i believe the finalist notifications are pretty much done

ofc cannot say for sure but i haven’t heard any more calls

1 Like

It was a different kid who posted the Peabody finalist letter, not sure if he was notified as a finalist from YoungArts or not.

Yes, there were two different types of emails from Peabody, one notifying finalist
another only for participation.

However, it was a huge surprise that the kid who received Peabody finalist email was elected as a finalist based on his level of accomplishment :slight_smile:

Guess not :slight_smile: Good luck!

Okay I would just like to say that I found on another thread that there were approximately 150 finalists in 2021. 60 are nominated to the Presidential Scholars of the Arts program, but if this year has followed a similar trend there is no way that they finished all of the finalist calls in one day and so few over the next couple. I have already resigned myself to not winning anything but it does seem odd imo. Correct me if I’m wrong though!!

4 Likes

this is what im hoping for too, but im also trying not to let my hopes get too high so i wont be dissapointed
im sure they have at least a few calls that havent gone out yet

1 Like