Young Arts 2022-2023

i was scrolling through threads from past years and it seems that around this time last year (Nov 19 of last year), someone dmed youngarts on insta and youngarts replied that “calls will still be going out through early next week”. But, at the same time, youngarts was telling people through email that all finalists had been notified (though they later corrected themself in follow up emails and said that this wasn’t the case). Last year, ppl in the threads seemed to unanimously agree that finalists would be done by or before thanksgiving (and personally i also agree with this). But there’s no way of knowing if all this also applies to this year. Also, in past years (some ppl have already mentioned this earlier I think) most finalists seemed to have been contacted in the first day, from what ppl saw on social media, and that seems to apply to this year as well. one more thing: last year, i remember i didnt see any finalists post about their win after the first few days of notifications, so i really thing that we should all just keep our heads up and hope for hm and merit. sending love and rest to everyone here

5 Likes

has someone dmed young arts to see if finalist notifs are still going out?

3 Likes

I think someone should def try this, but i dont know how useful their response will be. they always seem so vague

1 Like

i can actually dm youngarts right now. i feel a little bad about annoying them tho…

1 Like

Drat. I can’t connect to insta. Can someone else do it?

1 Like

I DMed them last night, no response yet

1 Like

i am genuinely entering my villain arc

2 Likes

if i see any youngarts ppl out in public it is ON SIGHT

1 Like

Yeah my gut is they make almost all the calls the first two days, but cover themselves with the “takes some time” response bc they have trouble reaching a few people who aren’t getting their voicemails. Last year’s forum shows the exact same pattern as this year: tons of calls the first day, a few the second, then total silence after that except for one or two outliers, who probably just didn’t answer their phones :frowning:

5 Likes

I wish they would just give a distinct schedule about how they were announcing things; like if one day they’re announcing all the visual artists, the next they’re announcing design arts, etc. It would save a lot of stress for people

5 Likes

I hope they just send an email out to all the merits and hm all at once. So people can move on and focus on other things….

9 Likes

when do they usually send out the HM and Merit emails? is it weeks after finalist calls?

From what I’ve seen it is closer to the Dec 6th date, so I would expect them to start sending them between Thanksgiving and Dec 6th

2 Likes

this is a really good point. it would explain a lot

1 Like

why they don’t just release all this in an email is beyond me

5 Likes

I agree with this. Sadly, I doubt any finalists are notified after the first couple of days despite their vague responses that it takes time, etc. Seriously, the group of finalists are so small that it wouldn’t take more than a couple of days anyway. It would help if they were more transparent.

2 Likes

I think it depends on how they are staffed and who does the notifications. If judges from the specific categories do the notifications, it should be done in a couple of days as most categories are small, with 10-15 finalists. However, if there are just a couple of people in charge of notifying all unrelated to the category, then it might take a while. My guess is that judges from the categories do the contacting, so the former scenario would be more likely. But who knows?

3 Likes

my friend who was a finalist said that she thinks it was the arts coordinator who contacted her, not a judge

3 Likes

has there still not been a known design arts/visual arts winner?

2 Likes

Anybody know about voice / dance finalists/

1 Like