Young Arts 2022-2023

Thank you for telling me!! I hadn’t seen anything but I am glad someone got it, CN is such an underrated section.

1 Like

Ok it’s not just me lol! I did hear of one CN , but that’s all. I have a friend who is in the Adroit mentorship chat, and the one CN was there. Adroit usually gets a ton of writing finalists, but it sounds like that chat so far has only mentioned one CN and one poetry, which seems really low–and like they would totally get at least some short story people through. Fingers crossed there are more calls to come:)

2 Likes

Agreed! Actually mad respect for all writing categories!! Wow!

2 Likes

I at least hope they make a post saying when all finalist are announced :,)

2 Likes

I messaged them on instagram (because I am annoying like that) and I will update yall when/if I get a response <3

5 Likes

That’s a different person from the Adroit chat, so I know of two CNs

2 Likes

he’s not a violinist, he is in musical theatre. but nonetheless congrats to him!!!

2 Likes

Oh I did not know. It wasn’t really clear from the post. Apologies!

Has anyone heard anything about design arts? Also, does anyone know the phone number they’re calling from? A lot of my calls go straight to voicemail because my phone thinks they’re spam so I want to add them to my contacts :sob:

who was the visual arts winner?

does anyone know how many poetry calls there are so far?

1 Like

This is getting ridiculous. Why can’t YoungArts announce the winners in one email? My kid is so anxious that she cannot focus on anything including college applications. I wanted to tell her just assume she didn’t win anything and go ahead to submit her college applications, but I hate to snuff out her hope.

8 Likes

Vast majority of people who apply don’t win, so it’s helpful to just move on and be pleasantly surprised if receive any word. Difficult I know!

2 Likes

I just found out about a clarinet finalist that was called the first day. Friend of a friend, so I guess a lot of these people aren’t publicly posting their wins.

3 Likes

also want to add - please don’t give up on your passions, everyone! i received a call this year after two straight years of applying and hearing nothing. i know comparison runs rampant especially for awards like this, but i promise it’s not everything. keep writing, keep submitting, but don’t let external validation be the defining factor of your work :muscle:

6 Likes

ooh what dicipline and time?! also CONGRATS!! and ty for the reminder :slight_smile:

1 Like

Peabody actually offered acceptance and scholarship in the email to finalists. College recruiting.

1 Like

Just got another email from Rice university to explore their music program.

3 Likes

well, I guess I’m hoping for HM or merit then… Peabody shouldn’t have sent out 2 sets of emails before the finalist notification process was over.

1 Like

I received an email from Cooper Union in New York:

Dear Dylan,

We received your name from YoungArts and recognize you as a serious student with an interest in architecture. If we could take a moment to introduce ourselves.

This was on November 11th, so 5 days before finalists were to be announced. I entered the design arts category under architecture. Has anyone had a similar experience or heard about people receiving calls in the design arts category?