Young Arts 2022-2023

last year i emailed youngarts to ask them if all finalists had been contacted, and when they answered yes, i sent that to all the forums i was in,then a day later youngarts emailed me again saying they had made a mistake and not all finalists had actually been contacted, so i had to go back and correct myself. not my best moment… what discipline is everyone doing?

2 Likes

classical music - first year eligible to apply, so not expecting too much, but always hoping…

4 Likes

im doing poetry. this is my second year. my first, i was rejected. im still holding out hope too! and rooting for all of you guys!

2 Likes

hey! poetry submission, I’m in the northwestern area, and I’m excited to see results!

2 Likes

hi everyone! i recognize some of you from last year’s thread, good to see everyone again <3 does anyone know if any calls have gone out yet?

2 Likes

Oh, that’s awesome! Great to see that there’s some poetry people here :slight_smile: good luck!!!

2 Likes

i’m from the northeast, and i submitted in poetry and short story. first time, so i’m trying not to get my hopes up, but i’m crazy nervous either way

4 Likes

Has anyone gotten the call yet? There’s surprisingly little discussion about youngarts on this forum this year…

4 Likes

I’ve heard someone has - but I dont know what genre

3 Likes

No news yet for my D23, but she very recently started to receive a new wave of spam emails from music schools and conservatories that references her YoungArts entry.

4 Likes

where did u hear this?

friend of a friend - im asking abt genre

1 Like

Ha!!! I think S opted out, so many emails!!! I lie! He said he has gotten a bunch today!!!

1 Like

Yes, they started todayish. MSM and Peabody.

4 Likes

Does anyone know if getting an email from a college congratulating you on your “participation” or for being an “applicant” means that you didn’t actually win anything? Or does everyone, even finalists honorable mention and merit, get the spam email?

2 Likes

I wouldn’t say it means anything, but I don’t know for sure

1 Like

I remember in past years that a college accidentally emailed all applicants a congratulation on being a finalist, even the applicants who weren’t finalists. I wouldn’t try to parce what these colleges mean in their emails, because they just aren’t coordinated enough. I’d be surprised if it meant anything. Also, someone was asking something similar on reddit and i gave the same answer lol. a bit of deja vu

4 Likes

I don’t think colleges would get results before the applicants themselves do, so it might just be an automatic email to everyone

5 Likes

ahh this is all so nerve wracking. little check in but any calls yet? im in visual arts and voice!

1 Like

So my S and @RussianMom D and you all got the same emails. It would be awesome if all three of you are finalists but I am not optimistic!

2 Likes