Youngarts 2024

Ah, mysterious then! Good luck! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Awww thanks. What did you apply for? Iā€™m doing theatre and visual arts

1 Like

Writing here. Thatā€™s amazing that youā€™re good at two really different categories like that! Hope itā€™s not really till after Thanksgiving break, but I guess weā€™ll have to wait and see! :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Good is debatable lol. Writing is such a bloody cool category tho. I thought about applying for that and realized I didnā€™t have the time or the money or the the talent requiredšŸ’€. Good luck to you too!

Same lmao :sweat_smile: Good luck!!

Ok quick confirmation! I emailed youngarts and they are doing calls this year to the finalists!

1 Like

When will they start to make calls, 11/30?

someone on reddit said their friend already got called. I think nov 15 is a typical day the calls start, but Iā€™ve only seen that one person say someone was called.

thatā€™s so scary tbh

Which category?

they didnā€™t say and didnā€™t respond when asked

not sure if theyā€™re calling based on categories this year, but i received a phone call a few hours ago (~5 pm EST) as an applicant for creative writing!

1 Like

Congratulation!

Congratulation!

My senior just noticed that there was a missed call from YoungArts (305-377-1140) around 12:30 PM today. Hopefully, it is!

What category was that for?

One friend (also in visual arts) of my senior received a call around 3 PM (EST) this afternoon too. Hopefully, the missed call at 12:30 PM EST was for the finalists. Good luck everyone!

Ohhhhh congrats to them! Visual arts is a bloody tough one. Again to anyone who may not win. Itā€™s a stupidly difficult competition and just entering is an insane achievement.

2 Likes

Do we know if all of the finalists have been contacted yet?

Iā€™ve seen reference to calls for writing, visual arts, and poetry. Does anyone know anyone who has been called for classical music?

Ok for one, no. They are not through calling finalists. There is like 150 finalists sometimes how would they do it in one day? Iā€™m not sure if they are done calling specific categories cause honestlyā€¦ it seems random. Donā€™t find method in something that has none. Wait- and if nothing comes by next week, you did your best.