Any review applicants heard back from Mays Business School?

@tessty Ok so today I met with two admissions directors (I was able to schedule this a week ago)–I had an hour long conference meeting with them, discussing my options and details about admissions. So here’s everything they told me (actually a lot of valuable information for incoming freshman) and the options that they narrowed it down to (as far as getting admitted)

-I can (and will) submit an appeal by April 15th. They recommended I do this, however, they didn’t tell me what my chances were or anything like that (which I didn’t really want to know, because I didn’t want to get my hopes up).
-My second best option for getting admitted to Mays is to take a gap semester and apply for spring 2018 Freshman admission to Mays (app opens in July and they said they’d work with me to get a decision asap). They believed this was my best option as far as gaining admittance to May’s.
-I can enroll in college classes this coming fall at a community college and apply for spring 2018 transfer into Texas A&M, however, May’s does not participate in spring transfer admissions (only summer and fall for transfers), so I would have to choose a different major (and transfers are not allowed to internally change majors into May’s, so I would lose the opportunity to get into May’s if I chose this path).

They felt strongly that I would be able to get admitted through the Spring 2018 Freshman application and told me that I would have a very competitive app. So if the appeal does not work, I will be resubmitting my ApplyTexas app again. There’s more complications regarding the Spring 2018 transfer app, because they immediately reject you because you haven’t completed a full, true college semester, so you have to contact someone, appeal that as well and have them relook at you (I was already aware of this and they confirmed that yes, you have to do that, but they’d make sure I was helped).

I also asked what the run down is on how they admit students into Mays (based on the three applicant categories: auto, academic, and review). They said that until they fill it up, it’s a first come, first serve basis for auto and academic. So if you’re an auto admit, but you apply late, you more than likely wont get in. She also said that she believed that they set aside about 200 spots for review applicants (specifically for Mays). I asked if those 200 spots are also on a first come basis for review apps, however, I didn’t really get a clear answer. I think they may have felt uneasy with that question, since I applied in August, yet still didn’t get one of those spots.

I also met with a Mays recruiter right after that first interview and she was extremely confused on how I wasn’t admitted. I brought up that I was just told that possibly 200 review apps get into Mays and she said she remembered something like 20% of the Mays freshman are review (20% of 1000 is also 200, so I feel confident that the amount is around there). She was really understanding and curious as to what I had just been told and didn’t have too much more information to provide me with, just wanted to talk it all over.

Oh also, the two admissions directors informed me that they do not offer Blinn Team to anyone who has over 35 dual credit or college hours (or possibly 30hrs…I can’t remember which one). They said Blinn doesn’t like working with these students because they have nothing to offer them and students get frustrated because they can’t take any valuable classes (I figured this was the case and initially knew Blinn wouldn’t work for me, hence the reason I said no to it on my college app).

If you have any other questions or want more detail, let me know!