FSU NEW Early Action Option for 2023 start

A few updates for the next admission cycle at FSU!

1. EARLY ACTION - Non-binding
    This is ONLY for Florida residents or OOS with Florida Prepaid or military.
    October 15 deadline
    December 15 decision
    A decision will be admitted, denied, or deferred to regular decision (February 15)
    If admitted, merit scholarships can be included, but honors decisions will not be until February.
    Must have an ACT or SAT on file by October 15, but can update with November test scores.

2. CHOOSING TERMS
    Like last year, students will only be considered for the term they request - fall or summer.

3. REGULAR DECISION
    December 1 deadline
    February 15 decision

3 Likes

3 Likes

https://admissions.fsu.edu/first-year/WWLF/

Do you have any idea when decisions start coming out?

Updated information from a college admissions professional (not me!):

FSU received almost 20,000 Early Action (EA) applications from Florida residents who will receive a decision on 12/15/2022.

If students are DEFERRED from Early Action (12/15/22 decision), they can be rolled into Regular Decision (RD) and will hear more in February. Even then, they COULD be deferred a second time and get a final answer in April.

Don’t forget that students can update their SAT/ACT until 12/01/22 for EA and until 02/01/23 for RD.

Honors applications are due 12/01/2022, so those decisions will NOT be released with EA decisions on 12/15/2022.

1 Like

How does the 20K EA applications this year compare to the number last year?

1 Like

This is the first year they have the EA option.

for OOS kids who applied by 12/1 – know when decisions arrive? thanks

Feb 15

1 Like

kiddo was going to apply for honors - but that prompt was just too much! i wonder what other kids said to it?

The questions are definitely unique, but also a good indicator of what the honors program is actually like. They do LOTS of very “out of the box” work in the honors program. My daughter will graduate on Friday and has absolutely loved honors. To me, it’s worth the effort to submit those essays.

My son ended up committing to UCF before applying to FSU honors, so he didn’t write the essays.

Do you know what time EA comes out tomorrow

1 Like

Typically it’s been around 4-5pm.

The FSU Prospective Parents group (not here, different social media platform) will have updates as it happens.

1 Like

Hi! I know this is late as I am sure your child has already selected a school, but hopefully, this helps another student who sees this post.

I was admitted to FSU in the EA round and was admitted to the honors program in February with the RD decisions. Here were my responses to the honors supplementals: