Stanford University Early Action for Fall 2023 Admission

This year, the Early Action (EA) deadline for the Stanford University is November 1.

List your unweighted GPA, any SAT /ACT scores, and ECs. What majors are you going into?
Ask your questions, the CC community is here to help!

Is this an active thread? Did anyone get calls for interview / completed? Any feedback on how it went?

First time user, apologize in advance!

UW/W 4.0/4.78 35 1590

My daughter submitted on 10/31, got a text and email for an interview on 11/4 and did it that afternoon. She said it was terrific (no prep).

3 Likes

Yes had an interview. However, interview might not mean anything special. So don’t worry if you don’t receive an invite for interview.

3 Likes

Just curious. Has anyone applied to Stanford REA and has not got an interview yet? What major did you apply. thx

1 Like

Hahah I physically can’t get an interview as an int’l unfortunately. I did submit one via InitialView though.

GPA: N/A (but somewhere in the ballpark of 3.9 UW in American terms) / SAT: 1530

heard a lot of folks local to California also did not get interviews. Most of them applied for Comp Sc. REA. So not sure if there is a trend.

So dont fret - you case could be not enough interviewers locally. Hang in there.

2 Likes

ahh yeah applying to stanford as a compsci major is a rookie mistake

4 Likes

Can you elaborate on that?

2 Likes

Got an interview about a week after submission. It doesn’t mean anything though so don’t fret.

2 Likes

I haven’t seen any confirmation on the Stanford REA results release date but using their schedule from the past few years, it seems like it should be today (Dec 9). Anyone have any more information?

2 Likes

I don’t think it will be released today. Last year, it was Dec.15th, that is a Wednesday.

1 Like

I found this on the Stanford Admissions Website.

Office hours for the holiday luncheon on December 15

The Offices of Undergraduate Admission and Financial Aid will be closed between 11:30 a.m. – 2:30 p.m. on Thursday, December 15, 2022.

Does this mean Dec 15th will not be D-day?

In previous years, does Stanford inform students of the REA result release dates at all?

2 Likes

according to the fall 2022 thread here, they announce the date here

Thanks. So, sometime next week. Maybe next Friday~

1 Like

My D21 was notified on Friday 12/18 (2020). She says REA decisions are usually released the third Friday in December.

Somebody called Stanford Admissions, and was told that the decision would be on 12/15 or 12/16.

2 Likes

Which is the third Friday (or Thursday, in this case) in December :slight_smile:

1 Like

The Undergraduate Admission web site has been updated with the following announcement.

The Office of Undergraduate Admission will release decisions to Restrictive Early Action applicants on Friday, December 16 at 4 p.m. (PST). Decisions will be available in the Stanford portal.

12 Likes