***2012 Ron Brown Scholarship***

<p>yep. i would start my essays the night before they’re due -__-…but good wishes to you all!!! What ever the Lord wills will happen, and I’m totally cool with it :)</p>

<p>march 9 is next week!!!</p>

<p>Congrats, km313, CPUscientist3000, and zambia123! Best of luck becoming Scholars! :)</p>

<p>Thank you :)</p>

<p>thanks a lot ksarmand :)</p>

<p>I got a phone call last night from Vanessa Evans saying I was a finalist! Extremely excited!</p>

<p>Really?? congrats!
Do you know if they call everyone?
What did she say?</p>

<p>EDIT: just got an email, I wasn’t chosen :confused: good luck to everyone else!</p>

<p>Congrats km313! And CPU sorry u didn’t get finalist. As for me, I’ve heard nothing yet…nervous. Did you both get an email?</p>

<p>I emailed an asked would everyone get a call. She said finalists get a call. They are still picking finalists so don’t give up!</p>

<p>Ok thanks for the heads up</p>

<p>I got a letter saying I’m not a finalist… I honestly didn’t think I’d be picked lol one of the unfortunate perks of being upper middle class. It bites u in the butt during scholarships lol. I did get a letter inviting me to be a Ron Brown CAPtain and I’m happy with that. But congratulations to everyone here who got picked as finalist!!! I’m happy for you!!! :)</p>

<p>Being upper middle class only bites you when a scholarship asks your family’s income. </p>

<p>I’m gonna wait until I send a deposit to my school before returning the CAPtain papers. I got an early admit, but my online portal didn’t change for the college yet. It won’t until the official decisions come out. </p>

<p>Congrats to all of us :)</p>

<p>True lol but most of the big ones ask lol :stuck_out_tongue: lucky you on your early admittance at least much of the stress is gone! I’m stuck in my teeny CT town in misery for the next few weeks as I wait for the end of march lol. </p>

<p>I’ll def take advantage of the Captain network though! Its a great opportunity!</p>

<p>I live in a teeny CT town too lol PM me!</p>

<p>Thanks everyone! All of the people here are so fantastic. I’m in awe of all of you!</p>

<p>what is the overall minimum GPA that they are looking for and what type of ACT and SAT?</p>

<p>Is there any advantage to applying early?</p>

<p>^get it out the way?</p>

<p>-I was going to apply but I thought it was lesson now I don’t think I will since I have a lot of competition.</p>