2013-14 Junior Year Schedule

<p>Hi everyone, </p>

<p>So it's that time of the year where I have to chose my courses for next year. I will be a junior in the diploma program. I'm stuck on a few courses, and I would like your help! Here is the schedule I have so far:
(FYI, IB SL courses at my school are 2 years long)</p>

<p>IB English 3 HL
IB Spanish 4 SL
IB HOA HL
IB Physics 2 HL
IB Math SL
IB Chem 2 HL (Not sure about this, just started chem 1 this semester so not sure how good at it I am, however I do know that I enjoy the subject
IB TOK
Here's where I am having the most trouble:
For my elective I'm stuck between taking IB Biology SL and AP Stats (possibly AP Human Geography as it's interesting to me, but I want to look impressive)
Pluses and drawbacks to each:
I'm great at math (school doesn't offer HL) and relatively good at biology, although I'm highly interested in it
Biology would be a 2 year course, where I could take 2 APs
I don't know much about stats, is it interesting?
I would like to go to college for engineering (electrical/chemical/biomedical) or economics if that helps
Thanks!</p>

<p>I don’t see any class in IB group 3? What is HOA? The most popular class for IB group 3 is History or Psychology. These classes will take a lot of your time, but it will help you to research and write your Extended Essay in senior year. AP Stats is the easiest AP class among math and some other APs. Most schools weight the AP classes, so it is will be easy 5.0 (if you get an A) to boost our GPA. If you want to go to engineering, and your school not offering HL math, I recommend AP calculus BC</p>

<p>HOA is History of the Americas, so that would be my group 3. At my school, IB and AP classes are weighed the same so no difference there. I haven’t even taken pre-calculus yet let alone Calculus AB (Math 2) so I can’t take AP Calculus BC (My school doesn’t offer yet anyway so it doesn’t matter). Any other suggestions?</p>

<p>Stats is an easy class once you learn how to find the different tests and probability. I think that Stats is a different math from the normal formulaic Algebra-based math IMO. If you want to go into bio engineering or related engineering why don’t you instead take Biology SL and replace the Chemistry HL of you’re not sure. If you don’t like chemistry, then you won’t want to take it. Besides 3 IB sciences is overkill, IB is has a lot of work involved into it. With your free electives, take AP Stats and whatever else you want. You say you’re great at math, so show it.</p>

<p>Alright thanks. I’m pretty confident on taking stats now but I have another week until I turn in my schedule so I’ll think about Chem. I just find them all so interesting. It’s fruatrating lol</p>

<p>Sent from my SCH-I605 using CC</p>

<p>Good luck with IB Programme. Be ready for heavy load immediately at the school start. At my DS’ IB school, her friend took History HL and the books were stacked as high as her :), but she love History, and wrote and awesome EE about it.</p>

<p>Thanks. We have to take history amd English HL at my school. I’m not really a history and English guy so that might be where I struggle. I do know both teachers though and they seem nice so that should help</p>

<p>Sent from my SCH-I605 using CC</p>

<p>ok…its hard for me yet</p>