2021-2022 USC Transfer

Been traveling from USC and when I saw 145 posts, I thought for sure there was news, omg…

Well, I suppose graduation took it out of all of them and they slept through notification day. Sorry folks, but this is the typical USC transfer notification cycle, always brutal. At least you know it has to be next week now (ya, feel free to throw something at the screen, sometimes that whole Pollyanna thing just isnt’ helpful, I know).

No reason to think it wasn’t today as this is always a BIG Friday, except that little thing called covid that has jacked up about every plan for the last 12 months. Graduation had to be an all hands on deck to pull off, it was really something. If you go to USC events, you quickly understand what magic they are and how professional they are done. It likely put everything else on hold to accomplish. Graduation was THE priority, no question.

So just to clarify a couple things I noticed from newer posters while cruisin through:
-TTP is not guaranteed. Great odds of acceptance, but there have certainly been TTPs rejected for a second time. (First time being freshman application.) There was a couple posters on here weeks back that fell into that category (that were rejected as TTP last year).
-TTP is offered to legacy, but it is also offered to some non-legacy, typically academic standouts they didn’t have room for - it helps them plug holes in a class with other high stat students the following year.
-Yes, they definitely have an advantage over a regular (non-TTP) transfer.

There is an entire thread pinned on CC with the details of TTP as it has been around for decades:

4 Likes