2021-2022 USC Transfer

congrats to her!! if I were you/her I’d call the financial aid office

2 Likes

Congratulations! :tada:

1 Like

CONGRATULATIONS! And yes, I believe you can though work-study at USC. Contact them for more information as always via the fin aid office.

Very happy for you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks hunn… I got engaged Christmas Eve and wanted to wait a year so I had plenty of time to plan… so I schedule my appointment back in Feb and kinda just forgot about it until I looked at the calendar lol

6 Likes

Congrats to your child 11k for an 80k college institution is a good deal :relaxed:

1 Like

wait so are decisions coming in the mail and not through the portal?

No it’s coming through the portal. If you are accepted it was up in the air whether we would get a physical acceptance packet

It seems we may get a packet

1 Like

The deadline for Thornton was like December so I’d imagine those guys are the ones hearing stuff first right?

Yes the application was due Dec. 1. May explain early notice?

Actually, not the case. I heard from one person who applied as a non legacy non TTP who submitted near midnight on February 1st (USC’s deadline) who was admitted a couple of days ago.

1 Like

regardless congrats to your step daughter!

1 Like

It’s case by case for each applicant.

Omg!! That is so exciting congratulations :’-)

1 Like

wow, congrats!! dress shopping sounds both exciting and stressful (during decisions season it’s a lot more like “yes to the stress” lol) there’s so many styles to choose from omg… i’m also going dress shopping for my upcoming graduation and that sort of stuff usually keeps me mentally preoccupied LOL

i’m definitely hoping it does the same for you, have fun and i hope you find a dress that’s an absolute stunner!!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

That is theme of my 2021 lmao… but stress is not always bad so embrace it

@duuoui Thornton runs their own clock, deadline is Dec 1 for Thornton, even transfers. But all others is Feb 1.

Even in reg decision, they sometimes send their out independently of the big batch, depends on major, but to some degree they have their own time table.

Thanks for the insight! I guess we’re just awaiting the big batch. Hope good news is in store for all of us.

1 Like

Hello! I am new to this forum. TTP (Legacy) studying abroad in Europe. Applied to Marshall and received an SGR last weekend. My GPA was 3.7+ and I completed all transfer requirements last semester. I was wondering whether it affects my application and should be I worried? Also, how soon does USC generally release decisions after receiving the transcript, my spring grades should be in by the 18th of May.

Spring Grades requests can either be good or bad. It simply means that they don’t have enough information to come to a firm decision on whether or not to accept you, and so they want to see your progress in terms of grades in spring.

Decisions can be finalized two weeks after they receive your grades, or can take up to mid-July. If you get very good grades, it can only help you. Good luck!

I am guessing that they want your grades because your GPA is on the cusp of that of admitted students, but is slightly lower than they’d like for Marshall- which is very competitive.

2 Likes