2021-2022 USC Transfer

yes, send it to ur counselor, they’ll update it for u .

@CADREAMIN I may be slightly nervous but I had a quick question. I’m a TTP and have a 3.83 gpa from a summer course, the fall semester, and a winter course. So only 1 B in physics rest A’s. But other than that all my classes including the stem ones we’re A’s. So from that I’m assuming you see I’m trying to transfer into Viterbi CS. However, I had a quick question. As a TTP with that GPA say I don’t get in, have you heard of TTP’ers who hit the mark for the GPA (kinda like mine or higher) and then got placed in a second choice, for me I put dornsife undecided since I heard its best to put dornsife as a second choice. Im not asking for a chance me since I know that can never be accurate here based of other factors and essays and extracirrics I’m just wondering about TTP doing that since the online info is lacking on that.

As a TTP with a 3.83, even to Viterbi, you should be fine. Truly. If you took the right classes, with those grades, all looks good to go! TTPs getting in second choice major not common, but as you suspect, it could happen to those trying to get into one of the hardest programs with a less than stellar GPA. A 3.83 is a great college gpa. I This isn’t high school anymore. Good luck! I have a Viterbi CS grad. Amazing program.

hey,
I am a TTP that graduated high school in May 2020. Because of taking a class in Spring 2020 along with taking courses in Summer 2020 and Fall 2020, I have 44 semester Units complete with a 3.93 GPA.( Only 1 B in Applied Calc 2 , A’s in every other class ) I also have 4 transferable AP classes. I am taking 20 units this semester, so I will be at 64 units at the conclusion of this semester. I am at a California Community College. I would say pretty strong recs and good EC/Essays. I am a Marshall Transfer and I completed the Calculus requirement in the Fall and the two English courses over Summer and Fall. Along with this, I have all of the GEs completed. I was wondering if there was a strong chance that I would hear back in the beginning batch or would I not since I am only a year removed from high school and they would want to wait for the spring grades. Also, would the B in Calc 2 make it less likely that I get Marshall. I indicated Dornsife as second choice.

Thank you!!!

Legit mailed it in February 3, so hopefully that big red X changes :frowning:

Now that all of my applications have been submitted, I think USC was my favorite to fill out. Definitely the most unique in terms of questions asked.

3 Likes

I know some people are stressing about transcripts, and so was my son, but he called the admissions office general number late last week and they said they are still dealing with Freshman applicants and not to worry. She did agree to do a ‘search’ on it, though, and he also mailed in a hard copy just in case. His counselor had not replied to his emails for the last couple weeks, she’s probably inundated with Freshman applicants. HOWEVER, it has now gone to a green accepted mark a few days after his call with admissions. All to say I think it’s all good if it is still red as they are not to transfers yet. Good luck to you all!

U honestly seem like a very strong applicant, I wouldn’t stress out too much over the B u received in Calc 2 as Marshall only requires Cal 1 or business cal(*i believe). In terms of the units situation, 20 units is a lot and it’s possible that they ask for SGR to see how you performed. It also depends on what classes you are taking this semester. For example, if you are taking Accounting or any other business course, they may ask for a SGR. I wouldn’t stress too much over it though.

Thank you for the update. I am one of those people really stressing over the transcript, as I only need my high school transcript to be processed and I sent it in mid-January, but I understand now is the time they start releasing First-Year decisions so the transfer applications will slowly start trickling in and soon they’ll be up to date with all the applications hopefully.

1 Like

Would I automatically get a SGR since I’m taking Calc 1 in the Spring Semester and it’s required to get into Marshall as a freshman transfer applicant. I had a 4.0 GPA in the Fall, and am very likely going to get a 4.0 the Spring Semester as well, but I feel like since I’m taking Calc 1 in the Spring, they may just automatically send me a SGR.

Do we need to send mid-year grade reports for the Spring Semester to USC, or should we if it will make our application stronger?

did everyone just get an email about transfer credit evaluation?

yes!

2 Likes

Yeah same I also got that email. If I received transfer credit for several courses from taking AP classes and classes in my local community college during high school, should I list those grades as CR (Credit)?

i think imma wait a couple more weeks to do it; when my winter grades comes out.

Oooh good point, I have AP credits too but I didn’t include them because I believe USC evaluates those on their own? Like you send in your official scores after admittance, but I’m not sure if they would award the credit the same way my current college does.

I’m a freshman applying for transfer to Marshall, and I got a 4.0 in the fall, however I am currently not doing so well in calculus 1, but am doing very well in all my other classes in the spring. If I were to voluntarily self-report my grades to USC, will this hinder me because of my bad grade in calculus 1. Or should I not even send a self-report unless I get a sgr. I suck at math, and I don’t want my calc grade to show USC that I’m dumb at math, but my other grades are all good so that’ll help my application. it’s just math…

1 Like

If we are talking about the same email it says “All fall 2021 transfer applicants are being invited to help us test this new web-based tool”. So im guessing everyone got it…

Does anybody know when would be the decision date for transfer applicants?

I dont know the date exactly but they said that usc should notify us a decision my May 31