2021-2022 USC Transfer

Nah, no one is coming for you :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Your scenario is my sonā€™s scenario. You will love UCLA! And if you happen to be pre-med: lots of opportunities! (Try and take a class with Teo Ruiz! He was my Bio Bruin daughterā€™s favorite prof.)

Aw thank you I appreciate it! I will definitely look into taking a class with himšŸ˜Š

Iā€™m a longtime lurker (Chrome says 72 mins today alone haha) and just wanted to say what a supportive, compassionate group this is! I applied as a transfer to Marshall with a pre-accounting emphasis, and have yet to hear back. Best of luck to everyone- it looks like a lot of those that heard back today were more non-traditional students, so lets not give up hope.

2 Likes

Thereā€™s so many messages and Iā€™m at work but do we have any Marshall acceptances yet? Congrats to all the newly admitted transfers!!! :heart_eyes::heart::yellow_heart::partying_face::star_struck:

1 Like

There was one here earlier today! And another speculated on dischord apparently

Iā€™m not a legacy, nor a TPP, and my major is communications! :grin:

I got my AA-T from SMC #corsairReppin!

3 Likes

Iā€™m the same! Congrats. Havenā€™t heard back yet. Do you know anyone else who has heard from Annenberg? Did you get a status update email?

Thank you!!!

Iā€™m really excited for this opportunity and so stoked for these next steps in my path.

2 Likes

Do you know anyone else who has heard from Annenberg? Did you get a status update email?

I did get a status update email around 5:17 p PST, today.

I was sincerely buggin because USC is my first choice and I was waitlisted at my back ups (UCSD and UCSB) so I was really discouraged.

But I talked about my essays with my friend this weekend and realized my over zealous passion was definitely conveyed in them.

I do not have permission to give you advice. But subjectively: As long as you have passion, there is hope, so donā€™t give up!

2 Likes

Odd question, but does anyone know if they take into account the difficulty of attaining a high GPA at your current institution? I have credits from both CCC and an out-of-state public 4 year that bell curves weed out classes (ex. math, accounting for business), which makes it virtually impossible to get a 4.0.

everyone is so sweet and supportive hereā€¦I hope everything single one of you gets in because I truly feel that all of you guys deserve a spot a usc. Fingers crossed that we get out acceptances within the next few days!!

7 Likes

Has anybody ever got a decision on a Tuesday?

I could see there being decisions throughout the week up to the rejections.

wait do they usually roll out acceptances before rolling out rejections?

Rejections are usually some of the last decisions to be released (which sucks - I mean you wait so long just to get rejected). I agree that they might be working on a condensed version of their usual trends/waves. If that is indeed the case, there might be one day this week were they just do a large amount of rejections. There might be some other types of decisions sprinkled in that day, but USC has in the past had a day largely dedicated to mostly rejections. I wouldnā€™t try to dwell on this too much though. I know I let it get to me, but I still got in that year. As many have said, itā€™s not over until itā€™s over.

6 Likes

oh I see, thank you!

The thing that stumps me is the SGR. If they are waiting on hundreds, if not thousands, of students to submit grades (and some donā€™t even have them yet), then you would think acceptances and rejections would take weeks.

1 Like

I do think they do give special consideration towards those at 4-years and more competitive universities. My adviser told me she can waive some prerequisites for me because Iā€™m attending a 4-year, so this gives me a hint that theyā€™re more lenient on meeting requirements and GPA for those not at community colleges.

1 Like

hi all! i just read the messages lol congrats to everyone who got admitted!

3 Likes