2021-2022 USC Transfer

thanks for the vote of confidence! the only thing is that at the end of this semester I end up with 27 total graded credits which is under 30, but I got 3 retroactive credits for the first course in my universities comp sci sequence since I did the second course last semester. Good luck to you!

So I spoke with someone in the VRC (veteran resource center) via Instagram, and they wanted to ease my mind a little that most transfer decisions will not be released until May, usually around the 2nd or 3rd week (unless youā€™re a SCA major, they did not specify a timeframe for that major) and that admissions starts transfer reviews usually the last week of March which makes sense since thatā€™s when the freshman applicant decisions are madeā€¦ so if I may speculateā€¦ Admission focuses on freshman applicants first since they receive a HECK of A LOT more applications for them versus transferā€¦ after Freshman applicants receive their decision at their deadline (March 30) then admissions reviews all TTP applications in the month of April (which may be why TTP always hears in April according to previous threads) once they reach the last TTPers is when they will start reviewing non-TTPer applications (which I will assume is the 3rd-4th week in April) and we will start to hear SGRs and decisions coming down all throughout May. Again, this is me HIGHLY speculating but it makes sense to me.

Hope this helps.

7 Likes

thank you for that! it helps a lot. Ugh I hate playing the waiting game tho ):

@nostalgiaultra2 @creativetrailblazer I did in multiple points of my application. I contacted the admissions office though and notified them that Iā€™ve already sent all of my academic history. Still hoping it was a good sign and best of luck to everyone!

1 Like

trust meā€¦ that was the story of my life while I served the military for 15 1/2 yearsā€¦ you never get used to it LOL it actually makes you even more impatient

2 Likes

Then you should be okay! Maybe theyā€™re trying to double check your app

I just checked USC Admissionsā€™s twitter, and they were asking transfer applicants to send their spring semester schedules. Why are they asking us to send our spring semester schedules if we already submitted it with our common application?

I believe you misread the post. They were asking for final, winter grades as some students are on the quarter system and recently ended a quarter.

Didnā€™t they ask that when we applied? I remember sending a pdf of my spring classes cause they asked for that.

https://twitter.com/USCAdmission/status/1380654764380274688/photo/1

They did not ask for spring schedulesā€¦

I sent my winter grades in already and the classes I am taking now for Spring 2021 are on the transcript, but they say they are in progress. Maybe that counts as an applicant sending their spring schedule to them? I donā€™t know any other way to do this other than that. If you have spring classes listed on your transcript as being in progress, then that should be enough for them to see a ā€œspring scheduleā€ (I think?)

If anyone knows more about what this means, please drop your knowledge in this forum. Much appreciated

Wait, so for those who are on the quarter system, did you not have to submit a Spring Semester schedule list along with your commonapp? Iā€™m confused now.

I would assume that some people who go to schools on quarter systems hadnā€™t necessarily registered for spring classes at the time they submitted their applications. Therefore, now that the winter term is over, they should now have their winter grades and planned spring courses.

OHHHHH THAT makes sense. So this post is only aimed at those in quarter systems? My univ. does semesterā€¦ SORRY for the confusion everyone. :sob:

1 Like

Before my official transcript arrived to USC, I uploaded an unofficial transcript in the application portal which had my fall grades and also included the spring semester courses I am taking. Do official transcripts also list my spring semester classes or should I make a word doc of what classes I am taking right now and upload it?

The thing is my interviewer (in interactive design) told me that they would start rolling out decisions ā€œsometime soonā€ and I hadnā€™t paid much attention to it until after we were done speaking. Another interviewer told a different transfer (applying to another major in SCA) that they would come out in late may. So at this point I think even these people are speculating

im really late to this thread but I was wondering if anyone knows when decisions will be out? I know im getting rejected i just want know when lol

On or before May 31st, but some applicants have begun receiving them

why do you bring such negativity on yourself? you should have some hope for an acceptance otherwise you wouldnā€™t be here

1 Like