2021-2022 USC Transfer

yea I know my semester ends in June so I’d be waiting till end of June to hear back):

Yes. If they don’t have all of the required documents submitted, they won’t continue to review your application. They need all supplemental material to be checked out in order for a decision.

Source: trust me
Real Source: Nice USC lady on the phone a few weeks ago

hey guys! i am contemplating on withdrawing from my CS course (which is not required or needed for my major). i’m honestly not doing well and it’s been a stressful semester because i’m also working part time to pay for college. i’m currently in my second semester of college. do you guys think it would look bad for me to do this? withdrawing will give me a better final gpa as well, but that’s not my main reason for wanting to do it.

I withdrew from my math class 1st semester because literally everyone in the class was failing and the class was impossible. I’m in my 2nd semester now and I’m taking a different math course with a different professor and it is going much better. I thought this would look bad but I just got into BU so I guess they didn’t mind! Hoping USC won’t mind it either. If this course is taking a negative toll on your life/mental health I would consider dropping it especially since it is not a major requirement. To be safe you could always contact your USC admissions counselor and explain why you want to drop the course and express your concerns and ask their opinion on withdrawing.

1 Like

congrats on your BU acceptance (from a BC student haha)! & my withdraw deadline is tomorrow so i’m not sure if my admissions counselor will respond in time ): that reassures me a lot though. did you withdraw from the class early on in the semester or was it closer to finals?

1 Like

Omg that’s so funny! Love BC that’s a great school! I withdrew from the class really close to the deadline, I think it was like a week before.

1 Like

i just got a SGR today I am ttp my heart dropped:// wasn’t expecting one I did all my ge and have no major required classes. i have 28 units completed with a 4.0 and 16 units in progress just goes to show anyone could get it.

1 Like

I got into BU last week hoping USC comes thru otherwise I am probably committing to BU for business.

2 Likes

may i ask which major you applied for?

I applied to Dornsife as sociology

wow that’s odd, i’m wondering what they r tryna look at since u have everything completed

yeah I have no idea probably just consistency because I had my foreign language done too

yo whattttt, u r literally the picture perfect applicant. how’d u say ur essays were?

1 Like

I thought they were pretty good I had 3 counselors read them and my older sister too who went to usc which is why I got ttp. Everyone who read them said they liked them.

Same! USC is my 1# and BU is like my second choice, so I’m really hoping for USC! I got into Public Relations at BU and I applied to Public Relations at Annenberg for USC.

1 Like

in that case u shouldn’t worry at all, just have those spring grades as high as possible. especially bc u r ttp, after seeing ur great spring grades it’s almost an automatic acceptance. good luck!! my friend from smc is literally just like u and just received sgr, ttp too. if that makes u feel any better

1 Like

I don’t know if you’ve gotten this taken care of, but I was in a similar situation and uploaded unofficial transcripts to my portal through the winter grades option; an email from my counselor “Thank you for uploading an unofficial transcript. We will review your application with that copy while we await to receive the official one.”

Any other NON TTP’s get SGR?

I didn’t think there was anyone (non TTPer) heard back for an SGR. I thought it was just TTP so far… did I miss an update somewhere?

I’m in a similar situation with you in terms of GPA and credits but I’m non-ttp. it does sound really random, I’m really curious about their reasoning tbh