2021-2022 USC Transfer

I took a screenshot of my unofficial transcript with that new grade on it and uploaded it through the USC portal!

1 Like

I feel so weird sending it bc I’ve sent them like 2 or 3 already :sweat_smile::flushed:

What’s a wild guess y’all have when we’ll see the first wave of transfer decisions to roll out? My guess is either by next week

Sometime soon I hope. We’re all on edge especially because the pandemic has pushed back everything

i have a feeling the dramatic increase in the # of applicants this year (just like 1st year applicants) is the reason why it’s so wildly late for the 1st batch of acceptances to come out. nonetheless, i’m praying it comes out by the end of this week or early next week

It’s also an objective comment from your long experience. Now we are enjoying the process. The moment the result comes out, the process becomes just a memory.

I kind of disagree with this statement because transfers do not get the same treatment as first years do in terms of housing, financial aid, or merit scholarships. This may deter a fair many away. There still might be an increase but not by as much as you may think.

1 Like

The amount applying has been pretty consistent over the years, but I do think an increase this year could be possible due to students that had put their transfer plans on hold during covid, and are now ready/hopeful to return to an onsite college experience this fall. Always fun to see the totals when they are published, whether regular or transfer figures.

2 Likes

Oh yeah, I did not even think of those who decided to take a gap year from last fall to apply for this term. That also could affect next year’s numbers as well. Given that by the application deadline, we still were not sure how COVID was going to affect school for the fall and knew Spring semesters in the area (at least for LA county) were going to be ZoomU. So many may have missed applying this term but will definitely know for sure by next year when application submission rolls back around
 I agree it will be interesting to see the number when it comes out! I definitely wrote out my predictions and curious how close my prediction is
 (its a little weird hobby of mine I like to do with historical data
)

1 Like

My portal checklist has changed. It used to have the green checkmarks with duplicate transcripts (I sent more thinking they had not received them). Now it looks like they have cleaned it up and only have one for each required document. Probably means nothing but just thought I would share.

2 Likes

Question to those who requested recommendation letters from your recommender: does the portal reflect that you have had a recommendation letter submitted?

I know my previous supervisor from my squadron sent my counselor a recommendation letter directly ( because initially I decided not to submit one. I thought they were only looking for a recommendation letters from a teacher/professor) and my counselor wrote me back an email that he did in fact received it but it’s not reflected anywhere. Should I email him again?

no for me the portal does not reflect letters of rec or test scores, you should be okay!

1 Like

Okay :ok_hand:t4: I was wondering all day yesterday if it should or not
 I know my recommender sent one because I was cc’d in the email (very habitual trait in the military to keep your ass out of trouble when you are communicating with outside agencies lol) so I saw the recommendation letter (actually made me tear up) and I also sent in a self recommendation letter which he also said is not common practice but will also submit in my application package (I didn’t realize the questions that were asked in the common app WERE the essay prompts) and it freaked me out so I submitted a more detailed “letter” that explains my passion in real real estate development and how I would love to use my knowledge to preserve the integrity of community’s history while Integrating new technologies)

Nope! Not for me. I think it’s already included in your application so no additional material as LOR in the checklist.
But if you are worried, you can definitely email your counselor about it, if they received it or not.

No he emailed me that he received it, I just didn’t know if was reflected on the portal.

Hi there! So i received some recommendations from both professors and professional mentors, and neither of them show up in my USC portal, but you can check you common app and they should be there! If you go to USC application, and then recommendations tab, all of them are there and should say “completed” next to them!

I know it wasn’t going to show up on the common app because I initially opted out of submitting one (since I thought it was an academic recommendation only, not a professional one)
 but my counselor did say he received the letters. So, that’s good for me. Thanks for the insight! I just wanted to make sure it wasn’t something I could see (like our transcripts)

please i can’t wait anymore AHHH

so they assign sgrs on a application by application basis?

If it would come out this week, I think it’d likely be today anywhere between 5-6 PM because last year’s came on April 15th, a Wednesday, between 5-6 PM (assuming they are behind by exactly a week from last year, coming out today is plausible). I called admissions again and they said ON May 29th, so idk fs tbh :man_shrugging:t5:

2 Likes