2021-2022 USC Transfer

Confirmed with an admissions rep that SGRs do happen on a case-by-case basis

idk guysā€¦ something is telling me that decisions are coming out in May. lol.

1 Like

do u guys think a SGR is automatically subsequent to a WGR? I got WGR but no SGR. Will they base a SGR off my winter grades?

There is nothing to prove thatā€¦ I think some get WGR and then get admitted/rejected. I believe SGR are sent independently of WGR, based on if admissions needs more info from you to make a decision OR if you have some important transfer courses in-progress in Spring.

1 Like

WGR is for students who are on the quarter system and it is requested from them regardless. However, SGR is different, they may or may not request it and getting a WGR has no correlation with also getting a SGR

1 Like

the majority of the decisions will come out in may, weā€™re just waiting for that 1st batch of acceptances to come out (at least for ttp), which is very noticeably late this year ;(

Really? I am on the quarter system and havenā€™t got a WGR?

No one is going to be able to get housing if they tell us in late may :frowning:

I donā€™t think all quarter system students get them. How are your grades? loll

if u go on uscā€™s admission insta or twitter, they posted about it on april 9th: ā€œTransfer applicants: If you were enrolled in a winter term, donā€™t forget to submit your final winter grades once they are available. Be sure to also include your spring schedules.ā€

1 Like

crap I thought I was special

haha. On ur portal, u can upload an unofficial winter transcripts, it can simply be a screenshot of ur winter grades

so weā€™ve probably concluded that ttp should be expecting something soon / this week, but non ttp should still expect May?

everything is uncertain at this point; anything can happen since historic trends have not followed this year. id recommend just waiting for that portal update email and until then just enjoy and make the most of the time. also keep in mind that some non-ttp decisions do come out w the ttp decisions as well.

2 Likes

Only about 10% of transfers get housing in a normal year, as soon as accepted I would start looking for housing outside of campus. If they have to do anything different housing wise with covid, and with less sophomores going abroad, it could shrink that 10% even more. Many transfers want to be off campus anyway without the restrictions of a dorm, so it usually works out.

1 Like

My grades arenā€™t fancy for a school like USC, 3.82 unweighted @UCSC (got 3.91 in Winter) and I got a 3.3 HS GPA and a 3.3 GPA from an SCU course I took. I did send a picture of my winter courses in 04/07, so mayb thatā€™s why i didnt get the WGR.

Hey I reallllyyy want to get your opinion on transfer students and the social scene! You are probably the most Knowledgeable out of all the people here so Iā€™m curious what you think about the trends there. Like if there is any segregation, or is it harder to make friends etc

I am glad that there is a train route that goes in front of USC so housing is not a concern of mineā€¦ I will be coming from the Antelope Valley (Palmdale-Lancaster area) so the train ride will be about a good three hours but since I am not driving, I can take that time to do homework, nap, or listen to a book :slight_smile: I hope for everyone who is in need of housing you hear sooner rather than later because I am sure housing, as well as your financial aid packages, is a huge concern. Good luck to all of us in the next upcoming weeks!!!

3 Likes

Wow a 3 hour train ride with books, studying and music sounds super chill to be honest

1 Like

Dopeeeee

1 Like