2021-2022 USC Transfer

I am currently enrolled at College of the Canyons. After this semester, I would have completed all GE requirements that I could complete, and major pre-reqs with a 3.78 GPA.

Oh! I mean I would like to believe youā€™re getting straight to an acceptance rather than getting SGR. I hope thatā€™s the case for you! Donā€™t worry

1 Like

HAHA one can only hopeā€¦ again just keeping positive and mindful when my brain wants to SCREAM and FREAK OUT lolā€¦ Dial it back Kendraā€¦ Dialā€¦itā€¦backā€¦ :laughing:

3 Likes

The transcript may have just been uploaded to the mid year report file, I wouldnā€™t think it is someone elseā€™s. I would take the time to call and have them verify everything is good.

Getting an SGR as a TTP is expected although some are admitted with just first semester grades. Remember that TTP requirements call for a certain minimum GPA (varies slightly some years depending on where you attend school) for the full academic year, not just one semester.

Donā€™t view it as a negative. You do your part and USC will come thru. They always have.

1 Like

if you get an Sgr as a non-ttp and send back a perfect SGR does it increase your chances a lot or does it usually help for mostly ttp?

By the way I have a speculation. I had sent them my official winter grades a few week back and the way that works (as far As Iā€™ve understood) is that the electronic transcripts are made available for them but they have to retrieve the transcripts manually which sends a notification to the sender. So if you have done that then you will know when they start to take a look at your application. Because unlike the required fall grades these are optional unless they specifically ask for it.

Just a guess though since I have nothing better to do right now haha

youā€™d think a 4.0 would be immediate acceptance but idfk. good question

1 Like

whatā€™s ur major?

Hey! As youā€™re applying to Sol price I figured it would be good info for you that the USC Instagram takeover is with a guy who is majoring in sol price and heā€™s gonna talk about the majors and stuff.

i saw that and already asked questions
thanks for looking out for me boo!!!

1 Like

do you guys get an email for sgr or do you manually check the portal?

TTP here. Just saw the SGR on my portal. Makes sense as I am taking the English requirement equivalent this semester.

For all those who received an SGR thus far, are you currently taking a class this spring that is either: (a) Your major Pre-req (b) English class equivalent to the Writing class requirement and/or (c) had less than 30 credits when you submitted application?

Did anyone complete all (a,b,c) and still received an SGR?

1 Like

Iā€™m curious about this as well!

I thought this would be a more productive way to speculate on the SGRs instead of freaking out when one gets one and others do not.

1 Like

I am TTP. I have 44 units complete coming from a California Community College. 3.94 GPA. I am applying to Marshall. Finished first english requirement in Summer 2020. Finished second requirement in Fall 2020. Finished Math Requirment in Fall 2020 (Applied Calculus 2). Received one B and the rest were Aā€™s (the second English was my only B) I took 3 units in Spring 2020 while I was still in high school. I took 16 units during Summer 2020 and 19 units during Fall 2020. Lastly, I had 6 units that finished earlier during Spring 2021* semester that I sent to USC which gave me 44 units complete. I also have a few APs that transfer over. With the classes I am currently in, I will have over 60 units done by end of semester. I have 7/8 GEs done already. Every unit is transferable.

I still received a SGR

1 Like

I think I mentioned it a few days ago.

Last year, after getting the topping scholarship email, I received an SGR 4 days later.

IMO, not receiving an email doesnā€™t indicate anything, but from my limited experience, the email going live means SGRs are going to start to roll out.

Good luck everyone!

1 Like

Didnā€™t received sgr
No ttp or legacy
Out of state school
Completed 35 credits by fall, now on itā€™s way to 50
4.0 gpa
Applied to Marshall
Finished calc and writ requirement on fall

But I might be getting sgr next week or so since Iā€™m sophomore

it is not about receiving or not receiving an SGR, I was wondering if those who have received them thus far are also taking those requirements I mentioned in (a) and (b) or had under 30 completed units upon submitting the application this semester term , if the majority in the group are taking those courses than I think it would help those in the future not to stress so much about getting one and even expect to receive an SGR if they too are taking those required courses without thinking an SGR is a horrible thing.

1 Like