2021-2022 USC Transfer

SGRs are neutral.

They just want a complete picture of your coursework.

If you don’t have reqs completed (especially WRIT 130), they want to see what you will get. The more reqs you have non-completed, the higher your chance for an SGR is, I assume.

Also if you’re applying as a sophomore: You’re much more likely to get an SGR than not. Keep in mind everyone: Not everyone gets an SGR at the same time!

I agree SGR are neither a good or bad thing. However, if you read within the last few days some members are really stressed over the SGR assuming it is “bad” to receive. I thought it would be beneficial for us and those who will look in this forum next year to understand SGRs are neutral and admission is just seeking more information to make a better decision… if they (future prospect) can see that those who received it fell in some of these scenarios i mentioned their spring semester, then maybe they would have a little piece of mind. Information can be beneficial and leaving information that can help others is the goal.

Daughter is Non ttp/legacy. Completed all the requirements (7/8 GE’s), 4.0 gpa and got SGR. I believe because she is a Sophomore candidate, we expected it honestly.

Only “bad” thing I can think about regarding SGRs is that your application may take longer to look over, but I think it’s better to receive a SGR on May 31 than to be straight up rejected on May 31.

1 Like

FULLY Agree! :blush: The waiting is always the down side… but that’s the only thing…

is it possible /common to receive SGR all the way up until May 31 / late May?

No I think? Cause thats like when the decisions come out

naw after SGR it’s possible u dont hear back until mid july right

Still no SGR I’m a non-TTP/legacy

Transferring From: ASU Barrett
College GPA: 4.0 (Including Current Semester Grades)
Entering As: Sophomore
Major: Political Science
ACT: 31

It honestly depends on when your school’s spring semester ends

Yes. You will either get decision or SGR by May 31st, some do get them that late in the game unfornately. But hopefully many/most decisions are out well before then.

hey! been a long-time lurker on here and decided to make an account. Are there any non-legacies who are TTP here? I’ve noticed some extremely qualified people get SGRs as legacy TTPers. Was wondering if there could be a difference considering non-legacies that were offered TTP (like me) were offered it solely through merit and perhaps will get an early acceptance?

I also wanted to comment on SGRs since many people don’t understand why some are disappointed. SGRs are not a bad sign at all, but for TTPers who worked really hard in high school to even be considered for TTP like me, it would feel terrible. I’ve worked and organized very hard to get an acceptance and not over-stress over things like financial aid, housing, spring grades, etc. My spring also doesn’t end till late June so I know many are in the same boat.

1 Like

Hi! I’m in the same boat. I’m. a non-legacy and was offered TTP. I haven’t gotten an SGR either.

1 Like

ttp (non-legacy) here, no sgr yet. maybe because i have completed all major requirements and writing requirements. or maybe it’s coming lol

Has anyone without TTP/legacy heard anything yet? Not that anyone has but I’m just asking

I have no legacy and no TTP and they requested my winter grades.

1 Like

I think that’s equivalent to an SGR if you’re on quarter system which it sounds like you are

Just checked UC Berkeley transfer thread and they just now released some acceptances and rejections. Hope USC will do the same sometime soon

I’m on the quarter system and didn’t get a WGR or SGR. Tho I don’t think the WGR is the SGR for quarter student transfers.

For TTP people, does our portal indicate that we’re a TTP candidate anywhere? I’m really afraid that they may have forgotten my TTP status since I waited 3 semesters (one gap) to apply.