2021-2022 USC Transfer

nah it doesn’t show anywhere

what is even the point of a WGR???

it’s for quarter school students, they want to see what we got during the winter term.

with cal decisions done, usc is the only one left for me… not having a solid date for decisions is tough omg

no sgr or anything on my portal yet as non-ttp w legacy, but i’m hoping we all hear some news soon :sweat:

1 Like

anyone think we could get some news at 5:00 for ttp? lol it’s hard to be both hopeful and realistic about when we are going to hear back

i’m praying for it! but then again, i have been on edge since early april and every afternoon i get disappointed lol

tbh, i don’t think so lol

well its 530…

1 Like

hey guys, i was wondering if anyone here knows how usc’s gpa calculation works for admissions. i have over 90 credits, i attended an oos four year, and i left it to currently attend a california cc for two years. i didnt do so well during my first year at my first school, and i made it up by getting a’s at my current school for the past 2 years. i’m a little bit under the average if they count my cumulative gpa. have you guys heard or know of anyone that has been in my situation that got accepted as a transfer? i’m applying to marshall, please let me know!

Ya… I think if it’s not next Friday, April 30th, very high chance they’re gonna release all decisions on the same day in mid-late May.

I don’t think they are trying to release decisions on a specific day at this point, but more like on a case by case basis.

Well from what we’ve seen on College Confidential, only the SGRs have been on a case-by-case basis thus far. That’s why I’m speculating that non-SGR acceptance/rejections are going to be released on the same day (along with some SGRs too).

1 Like

I asked by admissions counselor (TTP) and she told me they have it on their records.

But what about other acceptance/rejections that were not released in waves? Also, they are pretty late this year because of covid and since they still have a set deadline of may 31st they might not follow a set schedule?

From my talks with admissions counselors, they kept insisting most, if not all, decisions would be released on one day. Some implied ON May 29th/May 31.

I have yet to see someone who’s been admitted/rejected, but I know many got SGR tho. Based on that I think non-SGR decisions rnt being released in waves, and from historical data there was always one wave in April. Thus, if we don’t c that April wave this year, I speculate there’s a high chance they won’t be releasing non-SGR decisions in waves, but on the same day.

Also, like you said COVID might restrict them to not do waves but also not do case-by-case basis for the bulk of decisions because it can lead to more ppl asking admissions when they’d be released. So I think they’re also going on a restricted one-day schedule.

1 Like

Oh that makes so much sense actually! So do you think there will still be people getting SGRs even on 29th/31st?

1 Like

I’m pretty sure there’d be some, ya. But it’d say it depends on your school. If your applying for Viterbi, Marshall, or the other schools that see a lot of applicants, it’ll be likely some SGRs end up getting sent on that same day the acceptances/rejections come out.

What do you think about SCA? And Sorry for the questions, you seem to know a lot
More than I do haha

Ah I’m unsure abt SCA. Also I want to say that my previous statements are just my speculations based on analyzing the data from College Confidential and my conversations with admissions officers. It could be that they may release decisions in waves or a case-by-case basis; I was just offering my opinion on what seems likely to happen based on experiences.

Are you asking about when SCA decisions will be released? I’ve looked at the previous year’s SCA transfer forums on here and at youtube videos of SCA student’s being accepted. I found a commonality that they all thought they’d find out on the 31st of May but the ones who were accepted all received their decision on the 21st