2025 Admissions

Update: Got her acceptance today (12/7) with a $25K Presidential Scholarship. Stats should also garner an invite to apply for the Ignatian but that hasn’t shown up in portal yet.

3 Likes

Congratulations to your daughter, that is amazing! Did she get an email notifying about the status update or did she just happen to check the portal and there was an update?

Yes she got an email with the acceptance and scholarship, which also shows up as an attachment in her portal, which did finally change in appearance too.

5 Likes

Thanks for letting me know. Congrats once again!

Congrats to your daughter, that’s awesome!! I still haven’t heard back yet but am hopeful that I will hear back soon!

Randomly decided to check the portal just now and saw a status update! Accepted w/ 25k presidential scholarship! Lets goooo

4 Likes

I applied by 11/15 to the nursing program and still haven’t heard back yet- should I be worried?

I was not worrying too much, but in the last 10 days son has gotten into two more, better-ranked schools, and we haven’t heard a peep from Loyola. Everything has been there since 10/31. I would just like to go into the winter break with all of his safeties wrapped up. Well, at least he is playing cool.

1 Like

My D applied 10/1 and received her decision in the portal on 11/12. I would not worry. Good luck!

1 Like

I know they are rolling admissions but does anyone know if they historically have sent a batch of admissions decisions before the winter break? Seems like many schools do.

My S received his acceptance about a month ago.

applied 10/30 and got acceptance 12/11 with 25k prez scholarship
poli sci
3.75uw/4.0w gpa
1310 sat
2 season varsity, junior and senior captain, interned on state campaign, head of theatre

3 Likes

My daughter was accepted today 12/13! (Weird that a Catholic school is posting admissions on a Sunday LOL; I thought I was crazy for checking!)

Applied 11/1
Multimedia Journalism

3.8 UW/4.34 W
1480 SAT
9 APs/ 8 Honors level classes

Academic decathlon, school newspaper copy editor, speech and debate, choir, founded yoga club
Catholic HS
Legacy

Presidential scholarship ($25K/year)

1 Like

Congratulations!

Can you tell us when she applied?

Thanks! She submitted the Common App on 10/20, but it wasn’t downloaded by LUC until November 1, and she had one recommendation that came in later and was downloaded November 19.

How can you tell if it’s been downloaded?

Log in to the Common App. Click on LUC and then the “Recommenders and FERPA” tab. It will list various documents and when they were downloaded. But the info. should also show up on the LUC portal.

He applied directly to LUC but I understand what you mean. His application was downloaded starting 11/22. His last LOR was downloaded 12/1. Thanks, probably have till January before he hears.

1 Like

My son received his acceptance in his portal-merit, etc. But, never received a letter in the mail-is it only via email?

DS got accepted on Sunday 12/13 EA with $80k Trustee scholarship over 4 years. GPA 3.77 UW, 1440 SAT, 7 AP and mostly honors / advanced classes at private rigorous prep school in NY. EC JV hockey, crew, habitat for humanity, boys and girls club. Very strong math and recommendation letters.

2 Likes