2026 BFA Prescreen Results

There are two dates for the first round virtual callback (singing only) w/ 80 slots each day, so 160 slots total. Appears to be only 8 left.

1 Like

To clarify, that is for MT. Acting may be different.

Thank you, do you know what Actin/Musical Theater means?

Thought that was 80 final spots.

Yes acting has to be different then. There are 350 slots available for callbacks for the acting portion.

I wondered if that was different.

1 Like

You are correct. I know CMU called back a couple hundred, at least 300, last year, if I’m remembering correctly. The “80 spots” include their entire School of Drama, per year. They began with acting, then moved on to the singing- but it sounds as if it may be different this year? My boys were MT. I could be wrong, but this was what I documented!! I honestly felt like other schools made much deeper cuts initially
again
just my recollection!!

4 Likes

Acting/MT includes acting, singing and dance. I believe the Acting BFA has a lot of the same acting classes as Acting/MT, but Acting/MT singing and dance in the core curriculum. When a student applies for Acting/MT they are automatically considered for Acting and may be redirected to audition in that area.

4 Likes

Has anyone heard from the Michigan BFA Acting program?

1 Like

S turned in Ithaca MT pre-screen on 11/4 and heard back (yes) today 11/18.

1 Like

Seems like Ithaca is informing people at different times. Doesn’t seem to be a pattern. Holding out hope since we haven’t gotten a no.

1 Like

Nothing here- don’t know if they do a bulk response of perhaps several of those. My daughter submitted a little over a week ago.

1 Like

October 15th was when we applied

1 Like

@Katie_Burchart

Ok, so you applied about 10 days before us. Hopefully we’ll hear from Penn State soon. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

My daughter applied mid September. No answer yet, she has scheduled an on campus audition and already sent her prescreens.

2 Likes

S turned in Shenandoah pre-screen on Nov 7th and heard back yes today (11/20)

1 Like

My daughter also go a no from CMU but that was a reach school and she wasn’t too heartbroken. I know all our kids will land somewhere they are meant to be:)

3 Likes

That was my S’s first and most heart breaking no. But there were many yes’s to follow including the dream school, we have the same outlook, it did work out!!

2 Likes

We haven’t heard from a few schools prescreens that my daughter applied to early action, we have confirmation that they were received. Should she follow up? Curious does Chapman ever not respond to prescreens and still admit? Should she always get a response to the prescreen?

2 Likes

Chapman will always reply with a yes or no response in regards to the uploaded prescreen, if yes you will be given access to schedule an audition or call back. Last year Chapman required a Zoom audition in order to be considered into the Acting/Theatre major, not sure how they are doing it this year. Our experience with Chapman was patience, along with all BFA colleges applied to. My kid applied to 20 colleges and every single one provided decisions every step of the way. Acting/Theatre process is only beginning for you, this is a long process that needs to be approached with endurance and patience.

4 Likes